Doctor Who... Page 766

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ July 17 2011, 2:33 AM BST

I waited f**king months to make this gag. And no respect.

You mistimed it.

http://www.anglotopia.net/doctor-who/doctor-who-christopher-eccleston-reveals-why-he-quit-doctor-who/

Christopher Eccleston has finally revealed in an interview why he left Doctor Who after only one season.

He's still a bit vague about it. Senior people? What were they doing to him and others that he didn't like? Specifically? Was it just a case of the director being a bit of a shit, as he implies later on? Or higher up people?

He left because if he's going to make a lot of silly scifi nonsense

He might as well do it in America where it doesn't rain and get paid 5 million squids a film.

Simple really.

No, he clearly didn't get on with some people. He's just not saying who or why.

That was worth it.

It's like when Aaron lets everyone on here know that he has some industry gossip but won't tell anyone what it is.

Quote: chipolata @ July 21 2011, 11:03 AM BST

as it just a case of the director being a bit of a shit, as he implies later on? Or higher up people?

It won't have just been a director, as obviously after a few weeks they're gone and a new one is in. Seems like he's talking about those higher up and how they were running things/treating people.

But this isn't really new info, he said the same in an interview elsewhere quite a while back now. I can't imagine he was talking about RTD either, as obviously they've worked together before.

Maybe he's talking about head of drama? Or the DG? Except I doubt they'd have much to do with Who on a day to day basis. It could well be RTD.

Quote: chipolata @ July 21 2011, 1:18 PM BST

Maybe he's talking about head of drama? Or the DG? Except I doubt they'd have much to do with Who on a day to day basis. It could well be RTD.

I imagine it's more likely to have been the other producers, as opposed to RTD, as they were more hands on, and on set all the time; he was mainly holed up in his room writing.

Didn't RTD also have a producer credit? Maybe. Whatever, I'd imagine he was one of the biggest cogs in the Who wheel.

I was surprised to see earnest Mr Ecclestone take the part in the first place. God knows what he must of thought about Heroes and Gone in 60 Seconds.

Quote: chipolata @ July 21 2011, 1:28 PM BST

Didn't RTD also have a producer credit?

Yeah, but it was him and two other people (One of which he still does Torchwood with);I just mean that they were doing the day to day running of things, of actually making the show. Reading RTD's book, it seems he wasn't really around the set even half as much, having to spend most of his time writing the scripts, or re-drafting others.

Of course he could have been at fault too.

Bloody Ecclestone. He should name and shame or shut up altogether.

My guess is Phil Collinson, but I read on gallifreybase Eccleston had a bust up with Keith Boak who directed Rose and the Slitheen two-parter. He's still my favourite Doctor, so whatever.

But the guy who wrote that article seems like a twat.

The only episode of this years 'semi-season' that wasn't quite up to par for me - was the one with the 'Siren' I did find the reasoning behind the thing rather poor!