Doctor Who... Page 765

The opening teaser where the waaf girls push a Dalek onto the wargaming board is absolutely stupendously f**king amazing. It's all down hill from there. The 'space-spitfires' are beyond toilet and the fact that Moffat praised them in a recent interview is proof that he doesn't know shit from shinola.

Expect to see the scientist character again in 'Let's Kill Hitler'.

In case I'm not the only person in Australia reading this thread, the two Peter Cushing Doctor Who movies are finally available here on DVD at the ABC Shop for $10. The shop I bought them at is also selling loads of stuff for half price, such as the complete On the Buses, complete Some Mothers Do Ave Em, complete Are You Being Served, the Sarah Jane Adventures and Till Death Us Do Part.

The Dalek WW2 one is certainly a mess and overloads it's self massively.

Regenerated Daleks and WW2 it's just way to busy.

Not to mention the stupidest Dalek plot ever. "Lets shine a light on London so the Luftwaffe can bomb it more easily."

But it is packed with charm; the WW2 Daleks are very funny and nicely put together, the Dr's relationship with Churchill is great fun. And the space spitfires are engagingly stupid.

I mean if you're going to be a bastard, be son of a bitch bastard

I hope my Remembrance of the Daleks DVD gets here tomorrow.

For your sake I hope it's lost in the post.

'Doctor Who' too big for me, says Paul McGann

Paul McGann has hinted that he would not be as keen to join Doctor Who in 2011.

The 51-year-old actor, who played The Doctor in the 1996 TV movie, said that he would find the attention attached to the role these days "tricky", comparing himself to Ninth Doctor Christopher Eccleston.

Speaking about the adulation now afforded to fellow stage actor David Tennant following his lead role in Doctor Who, McGann told Official London Theatre: "He's fantastic of course and he's obviously got a great sense of humour about everything.

"Chris, I think, seemingly found it tricky. I think I probably would have been more like Chris. I like my privacy."

The star added that he was happy to "escape" the format, having not reprised his role when Russell T Davies brought the show back in 2005.

McGann was initially employed for a full Doctor Who series following the one-off film, but the idea was subsequently scrapped.

They could always get Joe McGann

Or Terry.

Or was that McCann? Hmmm

I'm sure I saw something about episodes being available on Facebook or iTunes or some such thing.
Some of which haven't been released on DVD

Quote: chipolata @ April 30 2011, 10:51 PM BST

*pauses ludicrously long time before answering*

It's all about timing.

Were the half time thread scores published, Chip?

Quote: Nil Putters @ July 16 2011, 11:55 PM BST

Were the half time thread scores published, Chip?

I'm waiting until the end of the series - hopefully that'll give Stott time to crawl back from minus 73!

>_<

They would be full-time scores by then, though. What are the half-time scores?

I waited f**king months to make this gag.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ July 15 2011, 6:13 PM BST

It's all about timing.

And no respect.