Newsjack - Series 4 Page 63

Quote: Tony Cowards @ May 10 2011, 1:13 PM BST

Quick question, anyone been paid yet?

I got my contract sent through but have yet to receive the money.

Tony, usually you get paid about a week (or so) after you sign and send back the second copy of the contract to the Beeb.

Any hints as to when the next series starts? I drew a blank in the last one, for the first time. Keen to make up for it! Geek

Quote: DrVole @ May 10 2011, 7:48 PM BST

Any hints as to when the next series starts? I drew a blank in the last one, for the first time. Keen to make up for it! Geek

August I think. Though nothing seemed to clear at the end of the last series. Radio 4 Extra released a press statement in which they said Newsjack would be back in the summer. The series are usually six months apart.

I got the impression it would be June/July but I have no evidence for that. August seems unlikely as they'll all be in Scotland somewhere.

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ May 10 2011, 7:42 PM BST

Tony, usually you get paid about a week (or so) after you sign and send back the second copy of the contract to the Beeb.

Aaah, will check whether I did this!

Quote: Badge @ May 11 2011, 12:28 AM BST

I got the impression it would be June/July but I have no evidence for that. August seems unlikely as they'll all be in Scotland somewhere.

Good, cos I have no chance of submitting stuff during most of August.

Dan

Anybody else not yet been paid OR got a contract? I'm not hugely desperate for me 18 quid, but still...

Quote: radiat10n @ May 25 2011, 9:56 AM BST

Anybody else not yet been paid OR got a contract? I'm not hugely desperate for me 18 quid, but still...

I've been paid, so you should chase them up.

Quote: RJ @ May 25 2011, 10:36 AM BST

I've been paid, so you should chase them up.

Cheers, have done - replacement contract is being sent!

When I phoned them I was told that they weren't doing contracts now (not unless you've got a substantial amount of stuff on air anyway) but I still haven't been paid yet. :(

Quote: Tony Cowards @ May 27 2011, 8:30 AM BST

When I phoned them I was told that they weren't doing contracts now (not unless you've got a substantial amount of stuff on air anyway)

That doesn't apply to anyone on here, does it? Substantial?

Quote: Tony Cowards @ May 27 2011, 8:30 AM BST

When I phoned them I was told that they weren't doing contracts now (not unless you've got a substantial amount of stuff on air anyway) but I still haven't been paid yet. :(

I got 3 line credits in the last series, which isn't exactly substantial, but was sent a "contract". The contract (dated 7/4/11) is basically a letter one and a bit pages long. There's nothing to return -- you're deemed to have accepted the conditions if you do not return payment within 28 days. I was also sent a payment slip (I think with the contract) outlining what I would be paid and that I would receive this by bank transfer (which I have). Back when I was given the initial line credit, I was asked to send my bank details. That's how it all worked for me, anyway.

The previous series I had one submission accepted - was sent a 20 page contract in duplicate, had to sign and return, and then was paid.

Last series I had two, and the money just arrived in my account with no fuss, or even indication it had arrived. So much so that I didn't even notice and when I chased Richard he just said "check your account and let us know if there's a problem" - which I did, and there wasn't. Sure you haven't been paid already?

Got a one-pager in the mail yesterday confirming payment and sure enough it has now appeared in my account, so not sure why I was overlooked earlier, but glad I chased it up. Also glad no 20-page contracts were involved!

I've not been paid for something broadcast in series 3 yet. But I'm quite cool with this and have no intention of chasing them.

In 10-20 years time when I've finally broken the glass ceiling I shall enjoy the anecdote of how the BBC still owes me money for my first ever writing credit.