Status report Page 3,744

Ha. Actually I wouldn't step foot in a loft. Cobwebs, arachnids... *shudder*

But I like sorting through stuff I've not seen for years.

Hurrah!

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/Asda-brings-back-pounds-yahoofinanceuk-1756588012.html

Not that I shop there you understand!

I have a terrible feat of lofts....

Its ever since I saw an episode of Tales of the Unexpected as a child where this man had somebody or something hiding up in his loft.

Ironic really seeing as my name on this forum is Lofthouse!

I kissed Richard O'Brien (in an Apollo space module) in a dream last night.
Sorry Aaron.

Anxiety is the asswipe of all asswipes.

I was given some pills for it a few years back and they caused me no end of misery and shit. DO NOT TAKE ANTI-ANXIETY PILLS.

Don't shout! You'll make people anxious.

Quote: Timbo @ May 28 2011, 11:45 AM BST

It is not the main cause of anxiety, but I am wondering if that may have been a trigger, as I was pootling along quite happily before that. At the moment I seem mostly to be worrying about work - so you can imagine how annoyed with myself I am about that!

Anyway enough of this shit. I do not want to talk myself into being ill, and I still have plenty of good things happening in my life if I don't allow myself to become defeated.

Thanks for listening guys.

Yeh you're not always aware of what makes you anxious. Displacement can be quite a bitch.

That said Sootyj has been rather angry of late,

and isn't sure why?

Quote: sootyj @ May 28 2011, 1:17 PM BST

That said Sootyj has been rather angry of late,

and isn't sure why?

Not just Reece Sheersmith then? On the boards at least you seem restored to your normal irrepressible good humour. Glad you did not go through with your threat to desert us.

Dunno I'm a calm lake full of eddies most of the time.

Seriously, people- the pills were awful. They didn't reduce my anxiety sufficiently, yet caused all sorts of side-effects. One side-effect was that I started to suffer from hypoglycemia. I'd be fine and then suddenly I'd be on the verge of passing out unless I took those glucose tablets you can get.

As soon as I stopped taking the pills, my mood lifted, my anxiety eased and the hypoglycemia just vanished.

There's lot of side effects as they usually affect your parasympathetic/sympathetic nervous systems which control a lot of your bodily functions. Are these side effects negated by the positive effects? I don't know as I've never taken them.

Some pills work well for some people, some don't.

Certainly I work with a lot of people who's lives are liveable because of the pills they take.

Like wearing a pancake on your head, it's all about balance.

or indeed a cat

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/864516-cat-man-of-manhattan-enjoys-internet-success-with-youtube-videos

That's just proof that sex education isn't working.

Quote: Ben @ May 28 2011, 1:47 PM BST

There's lot of side effects as they usually affect your parasympathetic/sympathetic nervous systems which control a lot of your bodily functions. Are these side effects negated by the positive effects? I don't know as I've never taken them.

For most people, anti-ds and anty-anxiety pills do work well. I guess I was just an unlucky bod.