The Sitcom Mission 2011 Page 57

I never did write Horse F**ker.

It was going to be a musical sitcom.

Quote: sootyj @ March 13 2011, 10:02 PM GMT

I never did write Horse F**ker.

It was going to be a musical sitcom.

It's been done. Equus.

Full of slapstick and cheap laughs. If you ask me Keith Barron was miscast.

Yes but it does have a rousing music hall number

"Daddy's horse is not a pet."

I can honestly say it's been a pleasure to be apart of this competition.

I'm bowing out and wishing good luck to the ones who made the short list.

Peace

Quote: sootyj @ March 13 2011, 9:00 PM GMT

But is it as good as my brilliant sketch "The Wanking Dead?"

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/19458#P700268

Surely someone out there in internet-world can animate this? Granted it'd be an unusual challenge to animate 'maggoty zombie spunk', and it'd look pretty suspicious if you were caught late one night working on it, but it could be an interwebs sensation.

And there's nothing wrong with The Adventures of Mike the Zombie. Ever seen a zombie pop to the dentists for a check-up only to suffer hilarious consequences? No? Well let Mike lead the way. Slowly.

Quote: Ash Man @ March 13 2011, 10:37 PM GMT

I can honestly say it's been a pleasure to be apart of this competition.

I'm bowing out and wishing good luck to the ones who made the short list.

Peace

Ditto.

Good luck, all!

Well I'm not bowing out...not while there's still 25 hours of hope left anyway...

Excuse me for barging in... Haven't been around these parts in months, possibly years.

Quote: Declan @ March 13 2011, 9:42 PM GMT

We're attempting to sort it so that everyone gets a yes or no email at the same time, and we'll put the longlist up here at 23.59 tomorrow night.

Does that mean every entry gets a reply?

Here is Declan's philosophical blog post about rejection: https://www.comedy.co.uk/sitcom_mission/blog/21/

... to help soothe the blow if you don't get the email you were hoping for tomorrow night.

Quote: Declan @ March 13 2011, 9:42 PM GMT

We're attempting to sort it so that everyone gets a yes or no email at the same time, and we'll put the longlist up here at 23.59 tomorrow night.

Not wishing to be pedantic (sorry, I was born this way) but shouldn't that be "sort it so that everyone gets SENT a yes or no email at the same time". The time they actually get it is dependant on a zillion things and certainly won't be 'at the same time'. (And if I wasn't already on the 'NO' list then I am now - no worries, I'm used to it. If only I could keep my pedantic self locked away.....)

On a serious note (F-sharp is pretty serious, but D-flat is the king) good luck all, and remember the words of Kipling

"If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two imposters just the same; "

(Mind you he was a very successful writer so what did he know!)

Quote: Mark @ March 14 2011, 12:38 AM GMT

Here is Declan's philosophical blog post about rejection: https://www.comedy.co.uk/sitcom_mission/blog/21/

... to help soothe the blow if you don't get the email you were hoping for tomorrow night.

So right. To be honest I have had genuinely horrible news this weekend and, although getting through to the next round would be wonderful, nothing will replace what I fear I am about to lose.

ENJOY THE RIDE GUYS AND BE BLESSED.

Bethx

So how far along the yellow brick road do we get before Declan and Simon release the winged monkeys?

So if you're the proud recipient of a Laughing Stock and Sitcom Mission rejection email

Must you mock me?

Dan

Why are people bowing out already?
Or did you get rejection emails earlier?

Sean, I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too.

Beth, thanks for your post, we're thinking of you. x