The Sitcom Mission 2011 Page 59

Has anyone actually dared to write two further scripts or are we all so superstitious that we believe that would be an invitation to Hubris to strike us down?

I have written one so far, with the thought that even if I don't get through to the next round I will be able to tout to other production companies etc.

x

I've got one of them done as I wrote that first, then the computer it was on failed and I had to write a different episode over the course of a day. I've recovered the other one but it needs a little work.
So my hopes aren't especially high as I didn't have time to get my entry proof read.
Hence why I'm not emailing Declan constantly with "WHY DON'T YOU LOVE ME? YOU BASTARD!!!!!"

Quote: KLRiley @ March 14 2011, 12:13 PM GMT

Has anyone actually dared to write two further scripts or are we all so superstitious that we believe that would be an invitation to Hubris to strike us down?

I've mapped out the two scripts that I'd do if I were fortunate enough to enjoy success, but I haven't written any real content for them as of yet. I've been preoccupied with other things.

Any writing is worth it though, just because the scripts might not be used in the next stage of The Sitcom Mission shouldn't stop anyone from writing them.

I likes to think that because I play around with me characters, before I get started, it should be a matter of picking them up and throwing them into another casserole!

I've got bits and pieces of other episodes done as it's something I've been writing anyway, regardless of competitions. I just smartened them up for this, then Laughing Stock.

Good luck to everyone for tonight then! I've not entered so I can toast all equally!

Then you're better than my toaster...

Dan

How many empty packets of Maryland cookies now litter your floor, Dan?

Not Dan

Can't tell. All covered in sick.

Dan

I've just read two scripts in a row, both set in a pub.

The first pub was called The Molested Sheep, the second was called The Ruptured Pig.

I'm looking forward to the next one.

Quote: Declan @ March 14 2011, 1:51 PM GMT

I've just read two scripts in a row, both set in a pub.

The first pub was called The Molested Sheep, the second was called The Ruptured Pig.

I'm looking forward to the next one.

Is it about a pub for countryside adolescents called "The Tipped Cow"?

Sitcoms in pubs eh? It'll never work.

Enjoy the sitcom set in The Fisted Piranha.

Actually, when has it worked? A sitcom set mostly in a pub. I can't think of one .

Quote: sean knight @ March 14 2011, 1:56 PM GMT

Actually, when has it worked? A sitcom set mostly in a pub. I can't think of one .

There was World of Pub, and also Early Doors. I'm sure people will add others.

My offering for The Mission last year was also pub-based.