Lead Balloon - Series 3 Page 14

Yeah, the Christmas special was great wasn't it! Michael stoned was very funny indeed.

I heard a rumour that a Series 4 is in the works! ... can anyone confirm this joyous news?

Cal :)

I'm fairly sure it's been discussed, although maybe not in this thread.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/lead_balloon/

FABULOUS!!! ... I'll now climb into my large cardboard box, complete with multiple layers of clothing, mitts and a pom pom hat, sure to re-unite with the best on the box come September!!

What a LIE ... there is far too much good tube to watch until then, but I am rather delighted (in a Jack Dee kinda way) ... it has to be known.

Cheers!
Cal :)

Lead Balloon seems to be a rip-off of Curb Your Enthusiam.

Edited by Aaron.

A common misconception, that. There's been plenty of debate and argument about it already though!

When's this series out on DVD? And any news on if and when they'll be a new series? It seems ages since it was last on our screens.

Quote: Aaron @ January 30 2010, 10:26 AM BST

I'm fairly sure it's been discussed, although maybe not in this thread.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/lead_balloon/

No news on Series 3 DVD yet. I expect it'll be out for September/October.

Was just now looking at Jack Dee's Twitter page and pleased to note that Lead Balloon S4 was recorded Oct/Nov last year and should be shown from March.

It's been quite a break from S3 and would probably need to really catch on this time to continue, don't think the ratings have ever been that wonderful.

Hope it does, I think it's a terrific show.

Quote: Dene Kernohan @ January 4 2011, 10:04 PM GMT

Was just now looking at Jack Dee's Twitter page and pleased to note that Lead Balloon S4 was recorded Oct/Nov last year and should be shown from March.

Excellent.
:D

Series 4 starts on BBC Two on Wednesday 23rd March at 10pm, according to Jack Dee on Twitter. :)

Great news. Although Wednesday is an odd day.

I didn't even know they were making a new series, good news! Looking forward to it!

The bloody Bodgeup Broadcasting Company will probally not broadcast the new series of Lead Balloon in Wales again, I have still to see series 3:(, they will probally broadcast 'Tipit' in its timeslot here, if you don't know what Tipit is, it is a game show where people have to guess what hand they are holding a little pebble in :(

http://www.s4c.co.uk/tipit/c_index.html

Looking forward to this new series very much.

As for her majesty's overseas territory of Wales, it's always been that way as long as I can recall! I remember fondly from my university years the joy of having to find Father Ted hidden away in the S4C schedules on a Tuesday in the middle of the night. While everyone the other side of the Severn could watch it on a Friday night with booze and crisps, Friday on S4C was a dedicated laugh free zone with the mirthless charms of Pobol y Cwm and Noson Lawen clogging up the schedules. Probably with some rugby and some news. Mind you we did get to see Barry Welsh Is Coming!