Episodes - Series 1 Page 28

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 21 2011, 10:28 PM GMT

Pretty funny episode in parts though; liked the fight, Manghan charging on his kness with the cactus!

Agreed. The series hasn't exactly been must see television, but It's steadily got better throughout.

I don't know why, but this has been an engaging series and I sort of hope it gets a second. Tonight had some funny stuff and actual drama (although I'm not entirely convinced infidelity is that bad).

Quote: chipolata @ February 21 2011, 10:34 PM GMT

(although I'm not entirely convinced infidelity is that bad).

Errr

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 21 2011, 10:35 PM GMT

Errr

Well, they were on a sort of break.

Quote: chipolata @ February 21 2011, 10:36 PM GMT

*Chip lights a fag and takes the rest of the night off*

Quote: chipolata @ February 21 2011, 10:36 PM GMT

The Ross Geller Defence.

Quote: Nil Putters @ February 21 2011, 10:41 PM GMT

The Ross Geller Defence.

:D
I thought that the second she and Matt were about to kiss and started wrestling on the sofa.

I liked the fight scene tonight and the whole scene in his garage.

Infidelity is that bad chip, you mental! Although seeing as some people are fine with open relationships, I guess it depends on the couple in question.

Quote: zooo @ February 21 2011, 11:13 PM GMT

:D

Oi, that was my joke! *shakes fist angrily at Putters the Joke Thief*

Quote: zooo @ February 21 2011, 11:13 PM GMT

:D I thought that the second she and Matt were about to kiss and started wrestling on the sofa. I liked the fight scene tonight and the whole scene in his garage. Infidelity is that bad chip, you mental! Although seeing as some people are fine with open relationships, I guess it depends on the couple in question.

But it was just a one off, not a pattern of cheating and lying.

Well yeah, the latter is worse than the former. But once is bad enough!

Rather than rip this to bits from the start I thought I'd give it a chance as someone else mentioned to see what sort of comedy the BBC pass. I did however manage to forget about it entirely for the last 3 weeks and only caught the last episode as my TV threw me back onto BBC2 at 10:02 after Inception had finished.

From the opening credits to it giving itself a slogan I thought I'd have a hard time liking this, if it was edited into 3 x 1 hour episodes across Fri/Sat/Sun and was advertised as a comedy/drama I might have enjoyed it more, subsequently I found myself expecting more laughs than I got.

If this is going down well over in the US then I'm not surprised, the people behind it can brag how the Brits just didn't get it, but maybe that was the plan all along and the US will want to love it and proclaim it the best new comedy ever.

Out of interest, should this show become a huge hit anywhere who would benefit the most? Would the BBC see anything or would the bulk go stateside?

Overall I wouldn't say I hated it, I just thought it was really really crap.

Quote: chipolata @ February 21 2011, 11:23 PM GMT

Oi, that was my joke! *shakes fist angrily at Putters the Joke Thief*

:P It didn't strike me as a joke. ;)

Quote: Sound of Spinach @ February 21 2011, 11:29 PM GMT

Would the BBC see anything or would the bulk go stateside?

Depends on the nature of the contract between the production companies and the broadcasters - it certainly wouldn't be any replacement for the licence fee though, if they did get anything out of it.

As for me ... Yeah, some great moments again, a few wonderful laughs, and an engaging if not hilarious show overall. I enjoyed it. Would I miss it if it didn't come back? Eh, not really. Would I watch it if it did? Yes.

Quote: Aaron @ February 21 2011, 11:34 PM GMT

Depends on the nature of the contract between the production companies and the broadcasters - it certainly wouldn't be any replacement for the licence fee though, if they did get anything out of it.

As for me ... Yeah, some great moments again, a few wonderful laughs, and an engaging if not hilarious show overall. I enjoyed it. Would I miss it if it didn't come back? Eh, not really. Would I watch it if it did? Yes.

Cheers, I was just curious about who would benefit the most if it became a hit and with it being made by the BBC whether they would see any return or whether the majority would go to the US.

Quote: zooo @ February 21 2011, 11:25 PM GMT

But once is bad enough!

To err is human, zooo. To forgive is divine. Angelic

Quote: Nil Putters @ February 21 2011, 11:32 PM GMT

:P It didn't strike me as a joke. ;)

*splutters in fury*

Quote: chipolata @ February 21 2011, 11:44 PM GMT

To err is human, zooo. To forgive is divine. Angelic

Well, go and cheat on God then. :)