British Comedy Guide

Episodes - Series 1 Page 25

Quote: chipolata @ February 15 2011, 2:37 PM GMT

For some reason I keep thinking Merc's wife is just pretending to be blind.

Snap! I always think exactly the same thing. Is it a double bluff do you reckon?

No it's just that she is pretending. Since she's an actor and that. ;)

Quote: Blenkinsop @ February 15 2011, 4:56 PM GMT

Snap! I always think exactly the same thing. Is it a double bluff do you reckon?

Could be. I just think it's sort of a nice pay off if she's been pretending in order to stay married to Merc. After all, didn't the assistant say something aabout Merc being about to leave her when she went blind?

What a load of shit! your suppose to make some sort of smile, giggle or laugh out loud at least 50 times during a comedy of 30 minutes, I smiled once.

Quote: chipolata @ February 15 2011, 5:48 PM GMT

Could be. I just think it's sort of a nice pay off if she's been pretending in order to stay married to Merc. After all, didn't the assistant say something aabout Merc being about to leave her when she went blind?

Yeah, I wondered that when that was mentioned last week - but I have a feeling we're leading ourselves up a dead end on it, and she really is blind. There's no further depth to Merc and her's relationship than that, I don't think.

Just watched this now... I am SHOCKED by Beverly's actions. SHOCKED. She is the villian, not Joey. Who'da thunk?

They're all flipping idiots!

The main thing that bothers me is why the pretty, nice assistant lady genuinely likes the twat who's married to the blind woman.
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Is just silly.

I'm with you there.

Quote: zooo @ February 15 2011, 10:34 PM GMT

They're all flipping idiots! The main thing that bothers me is why the pretty, nice assistant lady genuinely likes the twat who's married to the blind woman. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Because people often fall for wrong uns. And at least this wrong un is rich and powerful.

Yeah, of course (on TV, anyway). But they've written it wrong in my opinion.

They seem to have written it as though she's not purely into his power or money, but genuinely likes him emotionally. But there's nothing there to like. All they had to do was give him ONE redeeming feature, in one scene. But they haven't.

Isn't she just doing it hoping to advance her career? That's the feeling I got, look at her when they were having sex, it was very matter of fact.

Well maybe I've completely misunderstood! I thought that at first, but then she seemed to act like she was in love with him.

There's definitely mixed signals, badly written.

Quote: zooo @ February 15 2011, 10:45 PM GMT

Yeah, of course (on TV, anyway). But they've written it wrong in my opinion. They seem to have written it as though she's not purely into his power or money, but genuinely likes him emotionally. But there's nothing there to like. All they had to do was give him ONE redeeming feature, in one scene. But they haven't.

Wasn't he charming when we first met him? He certainly charmed Mangan and Grieg. And the assistant is hardly a model of normaldom herself.

I can't remember if he was charming at first.
He's such an enormous c**t. But usually a character like that would be occasionally funny, or clever, or charismatic, or cool, to even it out slightly. Or even good looking if nothing else.
But he has nothingggggggggggggggg.
(No offence to the actor's looks.) ;)