Come Fly With Me - Series 1 Page 10

P-leez. This is just Chav 'comedy'. Watched first episode and it was complete trash. Little Britain does 'Airport' which was on BBC One 15 years ago. Unfunny, badly constructed 'gags' you can see coming a mile off. (The old woman blagging first class because it's her first flight and then remembering she's flown before, for example.) And this idea of making fun of racist/sexist/Asian stereotyping might work if the jokes weren't so dated, like the gay Irish flight attendant or Japanese girls. Boring!

Quote: bob4apples @ January 11 2011, 11:26 PM GMT

P-leez. This is just Chav 'comedy'. Watched first episode and it was complete trash. Little Britain does 'Airport' which was on BBC One 15 years ago. Unfunny, badly constructed 'gags' you can see coming a mile off. (The old woman blagging first class because it's her first flight and then remembering she's flown before, for example.) And this idea of making fun of racist/sexist/Asian stereotyping might work if the jokes weren't so dated, like the gay Irish flight attendant or Japanese girls. Boring!

The first episode was that. Watch the third one. It got better. Really.

Was the third episode with the man and the moustache? That was a terrible episode, barely different to the first.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ January 12 2011, 2:06 AM GMT

The first episode was that. Watch the third one. It got better. Really.

It was an improvement, yes, but only marginally so. Three episodes in and no killer LOL moments as far as I can see - a few decent ideas and lines, but nothing brilliant. And the funniest moments tend to occur when Walliams is off-screen.

Oh, and in case it hasn't been mentioned, this is not a sitcom.

Quote: Griff @ January 11 2011, 9:40 PM GMT

What were you expecting a Lucas and Walliams sketch show to be like? Silent Witness? Jamie's 30 Minute Dinners?

Yes

Quote: bob4apples @ January 11 2011, 11:26 PM GMT

Walliams and Lucas are not making fun of racist, sexist or Asian stereotypes. There playing characters with different ethnic origins and sexual orientations as these are some of the people you would see in a airport. And describing something as Chav comedy makes you the one putting the 14 odd million who watched episode one into the chav bracket.

Quote: James Cotter @ January 12 2011, 1:35 PM GMT

And describing something as Chav comedy makes you the one putting the 14 odd million who watched episode one into the chav bracket.

I'd say there are more than 14 million chavs in the UK, but most of them are watching ITV. BOOM BOOM.

Quote: Tim Walker @ January 12 2011, 10:13 AM GMT

And the funniest moments tend to occur when Walliams is off-screen.

I disagree with this. Ian Foot has got to be one of the funniest characters.

I don't like you James Cotter, you seem to be awfully misguided

Quote: Schwen @ January 12 2011, 2:08 PM GMT

I don't like you James Cotter, you seem to be awfully misguided

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Seriously?

No offence, your opinions just make me seethe a little bit.

At least he's not rude!

Quote: Schwen @ January 12 2011, 2:11 PM GMT

:D You're not first person to say that!

BAD DAN, BACK TO YOUR CAGE.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

You've obviously not met Godot yet.