Writing partner Page 3

Marc's got the poshest writing partner out of all of you.

Quote: zooo @ September 22 2010, 3:41 PM BST

I'm waiting for the first draft from her.

;)

Hehe.

Get a (chat) room!

Sorry to say this but I think the emails to this thread are a little harsh.

The guy was just wondering if anyone was interested with the idea, maybe share thoughts, swap emails and chat to see if they do have the same comedy ideas and bounce off each other. There was no real harm in asking that. After all this site should be about encouraging and helping and yes maybe even working together. Just because you are asking if anyone wants to get together and throw ideas around doesn't mean they have to become professional partners for the next ten years.

This site may have more experienced members but please remember there are also people just starting off as well, not everyone has anything to 'sell themselves' with.

Maybe that could be a section within the site people looking to want to work with others and areas they live in then they don't run the risk of getting shot down when they ask if anyone wants to write.

I don't think anyone is discouraging anyone from finding a writing partner. My point was that if want to find one, you might want to give us some info first. You are basically match-making aren't you?

It's like joining a dating site and not filling in any info at all - not even a photo.

I agree but people still need help finding their feet.

I don't expect anyone to reply to an email like that and start writing together from the first email. However, surely there is no harm in just asking and then progress from there. At least let people ask then it's up to the individuals to email and chat.

Quote: Lee Brown @ October 13 2010, 6:15 PM BST

At least let people ask then it's up to the individuals to email and chat.

Who is stopping them doing this?

I'm not saying anyone is stopping them.

As someone like yourself that is a good wordsmith surely you can look at that first post and think maybe it was a little harsh for someone just asking a question on a forum. Maybe a better choice of words could have been used.

Anywaythat's all I wanted to say. I don't want to get into an email battle.

You do realise this isn't how emails work, don't you?

Quote: Nat Wicks @ October 14 2010, 6:34 PM BST

You do realise this isn't how emails work, don't you?

LOL :D

Quote: Lee Brown @ October 14 2010, 6:31 PM BST

I'm not saying anyone is stopping them.

As someone like yourself that is a good wordsmith surely you can look at that first post and think maybe it was a little harsh for someone just asking a question on a forum. Maybe a better choice of words could have been used.

Fair enough Lee, I was thinking only about how it feels to get a request for a writing partner with no info. Almost like, I don't need to tell you any more. Its a culmination of seeing these requests a lot over the years. It's also a problem in the industry. But I was also trying to encourage him to tell us why we should work with him. That was a question and not a statement.

Does he write his comedy on Basildon Bond's quilted, headed, notepaper?

Have you ever read Svengali?

Is that like comic sans serif?