Not Going Out - Series 4 Page 3

Quote: Percival Marsh @ September 26 2010, 9:01 PM BST

The warm-up guy Ray Peacock was hilarious as well.

Was it just me or did anyone find his name a little bit... erm... dodgy?! Surely you'd go by the name of "Raymond" if that particular surname was following?

I found his entire act dodgy :P Although, he was far better than some warm-up people I've seen.

Quote: Percival Marsh @ September 26 2010, 9:01 PM BST

Hi all.

As mentioned above, this series is as funny as ever. Mrs Marsh and myself went on Friday and had an absolute hoot. We got there early (3pm) as per advice from Aaron (cheers mucker). As per the first episode, we were told about 200 were turned away. It was well worth the wait, the free Carlsberg Export certainly helped.

We met a lovely chap in the queue, Richard from Carlisle (don't know if he's on here). He seemed to be a bit of a veteran on the comedy circuit, regular Edinburgh Fest-goer, seen countless shows etc. He had a laugh on him that could deafen a elephant at 10 paces. Funny, informative chap and his mate Andrew seemed nice as well.

I won't give away any of the plot but as above I was very impressed with the cast and crew. The warm-up guy Ray Peacock was hilarious as well.

A great day out.

What time did it finish, and at 3PM how far were you fron the front?

Re Me

Quote: Anon Umus @ October 4 2010, 8:01 PM BST

What time did it finish, and at 3PM how far were you fron the front?

Re Me

It finished about 9:30. We were about 10 from the front at that time. By about 4, it was filling up quite a bit. Bring a coat as well, it was like a wind tunnel down that road.

Quote: Percival Marsh @ October 5 2010, 11:50 AM BST

It finished about 9:30. We were about 10 from the front at that time. By about 4, it was filling up quite a bit. Bring a coat as well, it was like a wind tunnel down that road.

So they're managing to speed things up then.

Quote: Chappers @ October 5 2010, 2:40 PM BST

So they're managing to speed things up then.

Hmm. Maybe I got it wrong, it might have been nearer 10:30. In my defence, Mrs Marsh and myself were a bit tipsy by then. Luckily, our friends didn't want their free beer tokens, so we nailed as many as possible in an hour. Didn't do the bladder any good.

When you get in to TV Centre, in the holding area, is there anywhere to get any food (sandwich etc).

Lat time I went to a recording (Would I Lie To You?), it took so long to get through the security we had no time for a drink or even look around.

Re Me

There's a crummy little coffee shop. Can't remember what chain off the top of my head though.

Went last night (8th Oct), have been to recordings of Series 2, 3 & now 4 and it's as good as ever. Warm up was Adrian Poynton who was ok, but I do wish they would tell you more on what's going on.

Got there around 15:30 and was 20th in the queue, last night there was a reduced audience seating capacity due to an extra set being added.

Also had an email the day before warning of queue jumping, i.e. they don't like one of your party to get in the queue and 3 others joining them later, the email states that they should join at the end, which is fair.

Some great lines as ever and Lee was on form mucking around.

We actually got into the studio at 19:00 and got out at 22:15.

I am glad the weather was good. As previously said, it can be like a wind tunnel in Wood Lane.

Obviously would like to know when the series will be aired, but no doubt somebody will post it here.

Great night out if you don't mind the wait.

Re Me

PS I thought the Coffee Shop was ok, not a bad selection of sandwiches etc. could buy extra drinks or tea, coffee or water.

I wonder if anyone will say " F*** off" in the Christmas special? They have in the last two.

Quote: Anon Umus @ October 9 2010, 10:58 AM BST

Got there around 15:30 and was 20th in the queue,

We actually got into the studio at 19:00 and got out at 22:15.

You were queuing for over three hours?

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ October 9 2010, 9:15 PM BST

You were queuing for over three hours?

Yes & No

We were let into TV centre at 17:20, so we could sit in the holding area for our free 2 bottles of beer, watch a bit of TV and grab some food.

Went to the actual Studio at 19:00

Re Me

Well I got in to see Episode 5 being filmed on Friday evening having missed out the week before. It was hilarious and haven't laughed as much in ages! I also haven't ogled anyone as much for a long time as others there will probably testify! The storyline was as daft as ever but very funny none the less. Lee Mack's constant banter in between takes was great - how that poor floor manager hasn't punched him before now I'll never know...

Stan

When did BBC change their mind? I thought they had axed it?

Anyone know when it airs?

Quote: Bam @ October 20 2010, 8:19 PM BST

When did BBC change their mind? I thought they had axed it?

Anyone know when it airs?

Public pressure I think.

(Have to admit I forgot I had tickets for last Friday.)