Not Going Out - Series 4 Page 2

Quote: Mrs Mack @ August 19 2010, 7:31 PM BST

Have you any idea how many people they DO allow in before they close the doors?? And, also, how many usualy get turned away?

At the Al Murray recording earlier this month (the same venue), they turned away about 40 people.

If I recall correctly the new series is at BBC TV Centre whereas previous ones were at Teddington. If I were a gambling man I would bet on there being more people turning up at Shepherds Bush - which has lots of good public transport - rather than Tedders, which despite its charms, does not. And I speak as someone who was turned away from a Teddington recording after turning up "early enough" according to my vibe-ometer.

In summary, get there as early as you can.

I'm always really surprised at how many people turn up at Teddington. I guess it's easier to get to, for people who live around the south-west of London, than its public transport connections would have one believe.

Quote: Robert D @ August 20 2010, 1:08 AM BST

At the Al Murray recording earlier this month (the same venue), they turned away about 40 people.

...and they were the lucky ones...

Quote: john lucas 101 @ August 20 2010, 10:12 AM BST

...and they were the lucky ones...

They were indeed :|

Filming for this starts on September 1st (Tim Vine confirmed this). :)

Morning all, first post on these forums.

I went to see the opening episode of Series 4 filmed at BBC Television Centre last Friday and am pleased to report that it's back and as strong as ever.

No Barbara as has been confirmed above, but Lee, Tim, Lucy and Daisy were all there and on great form. Was really impressed with the actress who plays Daisy (Katy Wix), no mistakes at all and extremely professional - this despite Lee doing absolutely all he could to distract her and everyone else with constant quips and daft banter, brilliant.

Lee had said that he'd spent all Easter agonising over whether to get him and Lucy together. Will they, won't they? I shan't give anything away but if the episodes are filmed in order then we're definitely in for some fireworks right from the off.

A bit of advice for anyone who's going either tonight to see Episode 2 or to any other of the shows - please make sure you get there early. The queue was hideous, all the way back from the entrance to opposite White City tube, with 200 people having to be turned away.

Still have no idea when they're planning to air it, I'd guess in the new year as the last series was filmed around this time in 2008 and went out January 2009.

Quote: Faustino @ September 24 2010, 10:37 AM BST

Still have no idea when they're planning to air it, I'd guess in the new year as the last series was filmed around this time in 2008 and went out January 2009.

Lee Mack made a big thing out filming the scene that included mentioning the year twice - once with 2010, once with 2011. Thought that was quite a smart move :)

Quote: Robert D @ September 24 2010, 2:08 PM BST

Lee Mack made a big thing out filming the scene that included mentioning the year twice - once with 2010, once with 2011. Thought that was quite a smart move :)

Indeed, that's what made me think that they're not entirely sure when it'll go out either.

Well the last series, despite its filming dates, was originally intended to be broadcast pre-Christmas, with the special for 2008 not 2009, IIRC, and we all know that got pushed back to not even starting until the new year. So yes, a wise move on Mack's part, I think.

Quote: Robert D @ September 24 2010, 2:08 PM BST

Good that he had the hindsight to do that. I always find it silly when a show airs and it mentions the year yet the show is delayed and airs the year after.

Why include a year at all?

Presumably the gag depended on it.

Indeed it did. :)

Hi all.

As mentioned above, this series is as funny as ever. Mrs Marsh and myself went on Friday and had an absolute hoot. We got there early (3pm) as per advice from Aaron (cheers mucker). As per the first episode, we were told about 200 were turned away. It was well worth the wait, the free Carlsberg Export certainly helped.

We met a lovely chap in the queue, Richard from Carlisle (don't know if he's on here). He seemed to be a bit of a veteran on the comedy circuit, regular Edinburgh Fest-goer, seen countless shows etc. He had a laugh on him that could deafen a elephant at 10 paces. Funny, informative chap and his mate Andrew seemed nice as well.

I won't give away any of the plot but as above I was very impressed with the cast and crew. The warm-up guy Ray Peacock was hilarious as well.

A great day out.