Pope Benedict's visit Page 7

I'm getting progressively more angry about it. Especially as the £13m it's costing could go towards keeping 500+ (is that correct maths?) in work. I don't usually get this worked up, but this man respresents the opposite of pretty much all of the ideals I hold dear.

I have no problem with people being religious, and would never try to sway their beliefs. It's getting to me a bit.

Plus, how can you trust his face?!

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ September 16 2010, 1:22 PM BST

Replace "secularism" with "Islam" and imagine the outrage.

Mind you, an anagram of 'secularism' is 'Curse Islam'!

:O

Is anyone doing the Protest the Pope march on Sat?

Quote: Nat Wicks @ September 16 2010, 1:34 PM BST

Is anyone doing the Protest the Pope march tomorrow?

Saturday. But yes.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ September 16 2010, 1:35 PM BST

Saturday. But yes.

That's what I meant! Eep silly me.

I'm still toying with the idea of going.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ September 16 2010, 1:00 PM BST

The only thing the Catholic church cares about is the Catholic church, anybody who believes otherwise needs to read this book.

And small boys!

The problem we all have, is that we aren't catholic.

But the country has 6 million of them.

Now the people who where interviewed on telly today, were simply delighted at this old blokes visit. One lady was crying tears of joy. Now if him coming makes 6 million feel this way, then bloody brilliant I say.

Lets face it the last time was almost twenty years ago.

Okay, the rest of us don't give a toss. Fine. But why stop the joy for the others. 6 million isn't a small number.

And don't forget the teatowel seller lady! :)

Quote: Nat Wicks @ September 16 2010, 1:37 PM BST

That's what I meant! Eep silly me.

I'm still toying with the idea of going.

If you do, keep an eye out for me. I'll be wearing a skirt, riding a white plastic horse and will have a pink balloon cock strapped to my head.

Quote: bigfella @ September 16 2010, 1:39 PM BST

And don't forget the teatowel seller lady! :)

I'm not going to lie. I do want a teatowel.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ September 16 2010, 1:39 PM BST

If you do, keep an eye out for me. I'll be wearing a skirt, riding a white plastic horse and will have a pink balloon cock strapped to my head.

To be honest I don't think I have the balls to go. I'm a massive hypocrite in that I will blow a load of hot air over something, and then do nothing about it. I'm a big cowardly moo.

Also I want to go shopping.

Quote: Charley @ September 16 2010, 1:38 PM BST

And small boys!

Oh Charley. Come on!

There are more teachers done for underage sex with their children than catholic priests. Should we accuse all teachers of this behaviour. No actually f**k it, lets shut all the schools and save the youth from those vile teachers.

There are bad cherries in every pie! Its called the human race.

Quote: bigfella @ September 16 2010, 1:42 PM BST

Oh Charley. Come on!

There are more teachers done for underage sex with their children than catholic priests. Should we accuse all teachers of this behaviour. No actually f**k it, lets shut all the schools and save the youth from those vile teachers.

Nah lets just pick on the pervy priests please.

There are more teachers done for underage sex with their children than catholic priests.

Assuming that's true, and I'm not sure it is, perhaps more teachers are done because when they get rumbled the Department of Education doesn't launch a giant cover-up, swear every headmaster to secrecy on pain of excommunication and eternal damnation, tell the kid they'll go to hell if they inform the police, then move the dirty kidf**ker to a new school in a different town and/or to a diocese in a country with no extradition treaty.

Oh Charley. Come on!

There are more teachers done for underage sex with their children than catholic priests.

Isn't that because many priests were protected from being prosecuted by the Church, or am I wrong there?

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ September 16 2010, 1:49 PM BST

Assuming that's true, and I'm not sure it is,

I've never really heard many tales of teachers actually raping their students.

Oh Charley. Come on!

Last year they admitted that up to 5% of Catheloc clergy had been involved with sexual abuse cases. Do you really think that the figure for teachers would be anywhere near as high?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 16 2010, 1:50 PM BST

I've never really heard many tales of teachers actually raping their students.

I can't recall any.