Pope Benedict's visit Page 11

She is making a fortune Zooo, a bloody fortune.

Chipolata Senior is a Catholic. Although not a good one.

I don't think anyone in my family is religious.
Except my nan, was C of E.

Quote: zooo @ September 16 2010, 8:46 PM BST

I don't think anyone in my family is religious. Except my nan, was C of E.

I imagine you growing up on a compound.

Like a prison?

Quote: zooo @ September 16 2010, 8:49 PM BST

Like a prison?

More a commune. Full of liberals in mu-mu's.

Ha! Nope, my parents are fairly normal and boring. :)

Well, I think they're my parents.

"Boris Johnson is giving the Pope three books as gifts, including a copy of his own historical book The Dream of Rome."

You have to feel sorry for him now.

Quote: bigfella @ September 16 2010, 9:32 PM BST

"Boris Johnson is giving the Pope three books as gifts, including a copy of his own historical book The Dream of Rome." You have to feel sorry for him now.

Could be worse, he could be getting Everything To Lose, Death Row and Zooo's Chernobyl Charlie!

Quote: chipolata @ September 16 2010, 9:40 PM BST

Could be worse, he could be getting Everything To Lose, Death Row and Zooo's Chernobyl Charlie!

Laughing out loud

Hee. To be fair, I wish I actually belonged in that list!

Couldn't you combine them?

Chernobyl Charlie has everything to lose on Deathrow?

Quote: bigfella @ September 16 2010, 8:38 PM BST

He's not a celebrity though is he.

Good point. Maybe we should limit it to dangerous lunatics.

'Aggressive atheism' !!!? And the implication that it mainly comes from Britain, after we've invited him here!! What a sauce this bloke has! Has this aggressive atheism had anyone burnt at the stake, boiled alive in a cauldron, hung drawn and quartered? This aggressive atheism may actually free the world from dangerous delusionists and fascists like this ridiculous hat wearing maniac who believes in statues weeping blood, water healing terminally ill, coming back from the well and truly dead and having babies without being impregnated. I'd lock him up in a secure hospital in Scotland right now for being a danger to the state. If it starts a war with Italy, so what, they'll probably surrender after two weeks. Bloody cheek.

According to Newsnight, the government has admitted it is now ready to "do God".

Pass the K-Y.