Pope Benedict's visit Page 10

Quote: sootyj @ September 16 2010, 6:00 PM BST

Are you feeling guil;ty for dressing upa s Hnery VIII?

Well the Pope did hand out the excommunications.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ September 16 2010, 3:24 PM BST

Ah so now the pope is drawing comparisons between athiests and Nazis? Nice one, Benny. One website agreed with him, "There is a direct connection between aggressive atheism and Nazi tyranny".

Smartest thing to attack. An angry atheist isn't exactly scary.
Better attack that than one of the scarier more intoleran religions which shall remain nameless*.

*Islam.

I do feel people pick on the Catholics because they don't dare pick on the Muslims.

Quote: sootyj @ September 16 2010, 6:04 PM BST

I do feel people pick on the Catholics because they don't dare pick on the Muslims.

Pick on them all!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 16 2010, 6:07 PM BST

Pick on them all!

That's my motto on the BCG. Cool

The reception in Edinburgh was full of leaders of other religions (not only Queenie). He got a warm reception even though his address was all about promoting Christianity.

Why? Because they're all in the same nasty club.

Anything that gets more people buying their nonsense is good for all religions. That's why Popey's not above teaming up with hardline Muslimists whenever he wants to f**k over some women or gays.

Quote: sootyj @ September 16 2010, 6:04 PM BST

Oh, definitely.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 16 2010, 6:07 PM BST

Pick on them all!

I wish .

It's the same bullshit as people who pick on Zionists when they really mean Jews.

Catholics in this country were socially excluded till maybe 60 years ago. THey're active citizens and contribute greatly. Yet they want to have some silly old sod turn up for a few days.

Big deal.

How much does our government pump into interfaith bollox in the vague hope that Eid in the square might put off a suicide bomber,

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ September 16 2010, 6:09 PM BST

The reception in Edinburgh was full of leaders of other religions (not only Queenie). He got a warm reception even though his address was all about promoting Christianity.

Why? Because they're all in the same nasty club.

Anything that gets more people buying their nonsense is good for all religions. That's why Popey's not above teaming up with hardline Muslimists whenever he wants to f**k over some women or gays.

Well Chief Rabbi Johnny Sex probably would say he meant commmunal faith values.
What he means is "let us in your club please so we can pretend to belong please."

Quote: sootyj @ September 16 2010, 6:15 PM BST

How much does our government pump into interfaith bollox in the vague hope that Eid in the square might put off a suicide bomber,

People and organizations who protest the Pope's visit being paid for by us also protest said bollox. This is just more high-profile.

True, but in fairness it's their first bun fight in about 20 years.

Don't catholics pay tax in the UK?

Quote: bigfella @ September 16 2010, 7:40 PM BST

Don't catholics pay tax in the UK?

Well yes, as do non-Catholics. I don't think they'll be just using the Catholics tax money, however.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 16 2010, 7:51 PM BST

Well yes, as do non-Catholics. I don't think they'll be just using the Catholics tax money, however.

Bigfella might be onto something. Maybe we should all get a vote for a foreign celebrity we want to come over on a taxpayer-funded jolly.

I'd vote for Jenna Jameson, just for the big-screen Hyde Park ping-pong show...

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 16 2010, 7:51 PM BST

Yeah, but the point I am trying to make is that we all pay for things via our taxes that we don't either like or use - it's life.

If it makes the not insignificant catholic population of this country happy to have their spirtual leader visit us once every twenty years, then fine.

And as I keep saying think of all the lovely money the tea towel lady is making.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ September 16 2010, 7:58 PM BST

Bigfella might be onto something. Maybe we should all get a vote for a foreign celebrity we want to come over on a taxpayer-funded jolly.

He's not a celebrity though is he.

Quote: bigfella @ September 16 2010, 8:38 PM BST

And as I keep saying think of all the lovely money the tea towel lady is making.

You are OBSESSED!