Roger & Val Have Just Got In - Series 1

This real time sitcom starring Alfred Molina and Dawn French has just got a good review on Front Row. I think it starts next Friday on BBC Two.

Ooh, real time? Weird.
Like 24 you mean?

Quote: zooo @ July 30 2010, 7:31 PM BST

Ooh, real time? Weird.
Like 24 you mean?

Sounds like it. But with less torture.

I've got a pretty bad feeling about this one, but we shall see.

Dawn French hasn't done anything interesting since...

Quote: Leevil @ July 30 2010, 7:48 PM BST

Dawn French hasn't done anything interesting since...

Psychoville.

Quote: chipolata @ July 30 2010, 7:30 PM BST

This real time sitcom starring Alfred Molina and Dawn French has just got a good review on Front Row. I think it starts next Friday on BBC2.

All the vibes suggest this sitcom is going to be a big flop. I think it might get a bashing on here. If it does, remember this comment, and think how great a predictor I am. If people love it, pretend I never said this!

Even if it is any good, I don't know if Alf Molina will be free for a second series. He's just been cast in one of the Law and Order series, so that'll keep him busy.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ August 3 2010, 2:57 PM BST

Even if it is any good, I don't know if Alf Molina will be free for a second series. He's just been cast in one of the Law and Order series, so that'll keep him busy.

If it's real time he's only got to find a free three hours sometime.

Quote: chipolata @ August 3 2010, 2:59 PM BST

If it's real time he's only got to find a free three hours sometime.

Big Rolling eyes

This keeps getting raves in all the right places for people who like this sort of high brow stuff. Time Out, Front Row, the broadsheets. It also says Molina signed up because of the scripts. Which makes me suspicious they might just be good....

Just seen Mark's comment - "It might get a bashing on here." Yes, think you're right. Don't suppose Alfred Molina will care though! He's already got a slew of raves for this.

Quote: Col Jenkins @ August 5 2010, 9:59 AM BST

This keeps getting raves in all the right places for people who like this sort of high brow stuff. Time Out, Front Row, the broadsheets. It also says Molina signed up because of the scripts. Which makes me suspicious they might just be good....

Just seen Mark's comment - "It might get a bashing on here." Yes, think you're right. Don't suppose Alfred Molina will care though! He's already got a slew of raves for this.

Are you a real colonel?

Anyway, I could go either way on it. My main concern is that with it being real time it might commit the sin of being a bit boring. And if people get bored their remote-fingers get itchy.

Always loved Alf Molina's stuff since Prick up your ears and Hancock. Hope this goes well for him and he gets more recognition over here other than wassisname from thingybob.

Came across a Jim Jarmusch mutli-sketch film in which he is having lunch in Hollywood with Steve Coogan. He is busy admiring Coogan and his work but every body comes over for his autograph and despite Molina saying look it's Steve Coogan, no-one speaks to or recognises him.

Yes I'm also intrigued by this thing, whatever else, the cast is good, Molina's a great actor and French has got better and better. Looking forward to trying this.

I'll give it a watch. Are all episodes two handers?