Roger & Val Have Just Got In - Series 1 Page 6

Quote: David Carmon @ August 14 2010, 2:53 AM BST

Is that the one with Adam Faith?

I couldn't remember the title but had to Google Duggie Brown and Sharon Duce. I also saw one mwentioned with Adam Faith but I don't remember it being called that.

Quote: Aaron @ August 14 2010, 2:04 PM BST

Same title, different series.

In case I didn't say, this week's episode was dull as ditchwater. And the speed in which they made up from their arguments, before becoming angry again, was too quick. Didn't even have that element of realism that was (just) lurking previously.

At least I was half right then, better than being half wrong.

What a load of utter crap! Managed 10 minutes and had to switch it off.

I think If I was told it was a half hour play then I might enjoy it more.
But when expecting it to be funny in the way that sitcom can be, it get's a bit boring.

Have to agree that this one was a bit of a letdown. The first episode flowed rather naturally, this one was forced and "written". "When she reached that 'Papa Don't Preach' phase, I tuned out" said Mr. Blue.

Seen the first two of these now and I'm with the "like it" crowd.

As others have said, very well written and performed - certainly not a sitcom in the normal sense most of us would identify with, but for me one of the most subtle and amusing things I've seen in a long time.

Very refreshing to see it not relying on cheap tacky smut, IN YER FACE moronic shouting or pointless swearing.

Well done to whoever commissioned this and well done to all concerned for doing such a good job.

Yeah, I watched this one properly after only half watching the first one, and really enjoyed it. The change of pace is nice, the style, the decent script, the acting, the whole thing. A welcome addition to the ever expanding sitcom genre imo.

The Beeb need to come up with a new genre.

How about dramedy? That way, I'd know it's more drama with a bit of humour.

Or, like said in earlier posts, call it a play.

I watched the first episode on iPlayer and agree with the comments about it being more of a play. Almost like a subtle, experimental type thing.

The dialogue is great I think but sadly that's all there really is to the show. It would have been better suited to radio.

It's great to see something like this, which obviously would never get mass appeal, still being made and broadcast.

To make this style of programme a comedy you really need an ensemble cast i.e. The Smoking Room, The Royle Family et al.

I hope this show gets a second series, don't know what the viewing figures are for it, low I expect, but I think it's one of the most creative things the Beeb has done in a while. Simple but creative, and very different, brill. And it is funny, I find it funny. I even think they've got the 'odd looking' scheduling just right, this is something to wind down and relax to on a Friday night for those who take things a bit easier than they used to. This is a crackin sitcom-drama, love it. :)

It may be well observed, but that does not necessarily equate to good television. It's all just a bit boring.

Ey? Come off it! It's the best thing on TV in ages. F*** me! It's genius! And written by 2 women! Eek! Maybe that's some people's problem...

Well that's certainly not my problem. I just think it's not for me, Although there are elements I like (certain lines, and the general concept.)

Reminds me at times of a real life version of Bob and Margaret.

Quote: Col Jenkins @ August 20 2010, 11:58 PM BST

Ey? Come off it! It's the best thing on TV in ages. F*** me! It's genius!

It's not funny though.