Life Of Riley - Series 2 Page 5

I really shouldn't be enjoying this as much as I do. And am.

How?...I mean....hhhhhhow?

The neighbours remind me of those in George and Mildred

Good episode this week. Looking forward to next week.

Some good things being said about this show now, but I want to know - do you have to have a family to enjoy this? Is it because I don't have one that I hate this show with a growing intensity? Even wassername looks embarrassed by some of the trite jokey things she has to say. From 2.4 Children to My Family to this - I've hated them all. Family sitcoms suck!

Well I'm part of a family, but I'm definitely not a parent.

I liked episode 2, was funny. I hope it gets a 3rd series.

Episode 1 got 5.1 million in overnight figures.

Episode 2 got 5.2

Pretty good so far considering its in the death slot that was given to Big Top. At least there's no f**king dancing/ talking dogs.

Utter dross. When will the BBC make a decent sitcom? They used to do it so well, now they just seem to make middle of the road piffle like this! Bland, non-offensive dross.

It's not meant to be an offensive show. It's a family sitcom for all ages to watch, there's not enough of them about now. Yes it's not great but it's simple and watched with the right frame of mind can be funny.

If you want offensive/ crude/ crass may I suggest BBC Three and E4 both of which cater for that audience.

Not BBC1 at 7:30pm on a Wednesday.

Quote: David Carmon @ March 29 2010, 11:52 PM GMT

It's not meant to be an offensive show.

Mediocrity is itself offensive to some.

Inoffensive is neither a term of abuse nor a justification for mediocrity.

Not that I am sure Life of Riley even aspires to such dizzy heights as mediocrity. And since the last episode I watched involved the teenage daughter walking in on Caroline Quentin as she was about to rim chocolate spread from Neil Dudgeon's arse crack, it is not obvious to me that shows succeeds even at being inoffensive family viewing.

I think this show is terrible. It's like they pay the audience to laugh.

That made me laugh a lot.

Still chuckling now.

Just watched an episode of this for the first time, thought it was ok, reminded me of that Nicholas Lyndhurst sitcom After You've Gone, I only laughed once or twice.

I'm still liking it.

Hope it gets a 3rd series