What are you watching on TV? Page 1,086

Quote: Tim Walker @ January 22 2010, 11:28 AM GMT

(I didn't like Life On Mars

Crazy Talk.

Quote: Griff @ January 22 2010, 11:31 AM GMT

You might be put off Battlestar Galactica by memories of the cheesy 70s version, but if you haven't watched the new one, it's brilliant. Most intelligent sci-fi TV I think I've ever seen.

Even my girlfriend loved it, and she isn't one for shooty space things really. It's brilliant.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 22 2010, 11:37 AM GMT

Even my girlfriend loved it, and she isn't one for shooty space things really. It's brilliant.

It did get bit boring after they lost the other Battlestar and the Cylons were looking for the lost one. But apart from that it was pretty decent.

Quote: Griff @ January 22 2010, 11:31 AM GMT

You might be put off Battlestar Galactica by memories of the cheesy 70s version, but if you haven't watched the new one, it's brilliant. Most intelligent sci-fi TV I think I've ever seen.

The Joss Whedon sci-fi stuff is fun too - Dollhouse and Firefly are great - although not nearly as serious and cerebral as Galactica.

It kind of fizzled at the end it seemed to building to an awesome climax and then didn't.

Cheers, Griff. ;)

Quote: Griff @ January 22 2010, 11:44 AM GMT

Well I haven't seen the end yet THANK YOU.

But the stuff I've watched so far has been gripping.

Anyway, that's my suggestion to Tim for some good TV sci-fi. Tim if you do watch it, you have to watch a mini-series feature thing before you can start on Series One, if I remember rightly.

Ooops and there was a special called Razor something too.

Quote: Griff @ January 22 2010, 11:44 AM GMT

Well I haven't seen the end yet THANK YOU.

I liked the end a lot. Some people do hate it though.

Body Heat. Hard to believe Kathleen Turner and William Hurt were ever that young and sexy.

Was she the woman on Romancing the Stone? Or... Indiana Jones?
Or something.

Quote: zooo @ January 23 2010, 4:26 PM GMT

Was she the woman on Romancing the Stone? Or... Indiana Jones?
Or something.

Yes, on Romancing the Stone. Kate Capshaw (Spielberg's missus) was in Indiana Jones.

Turner has the distinction of being the most horribly aged actress working today. In her defence, she has major health issues.

Oh, for my sci-fi recommendation, I suggest Firefly and Battlestar. Both have amazing soundtracks. :)

Yeah, she was in Romancing the Stone and War of the Roses. Good actress, sexy voic, but size of a house now!

Quote: Griff @ January 23 2010, 4:34 PM GMT

I think poor old Kathleen Turner is best summed up by the fact that she recently played Chandler Bing's father.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

I forgot all about that. I have a friend who does a drag act at a local club and she's very popular among the other acts. :)

Quote: Griff @ January 23 2010, 4:34 PM GMT

I think poor old Kathleen Turner is best summed up by the fact that she recently played Chandler Bing's father. Well, I say "recently". It was nearly ten years ago. Welcome to my world.

Isn't that most actors fate? One day they're hot, one day they're not. Mind you, Mickey Rourke is in Body Heat, and he managed to make it back.

Quote: Griff @ January 23 2010, 4:41 PM GMT

Generally known as the Kirstie Alley phenomenon.

:D At least she's got the teachings of L Ron Hubbard to comfort her.

Nerdstock on BBC Four.