Doctor Who... Page 357

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 21 2009, 7:34 PM GMT

I'm really looking forward to it, and I'm really hoping it all adds up to a great send off for Tennant, but the ads they've run so far haven't done much for me. Either did the Ood scene they broadcast a while back. I get the feeling they must be holding a lot back.

I think so too, apparently there are quite a few surprises in The End Of Time that the BBC have managed to keep secret. :)

Quote: drZee @ December 22 2009, 1:04 PM GMT

I think so too, apparently there are quite a few surprises in The End Of Time that the BBC have managed to keep secret. :)

And perhaps another baddie . . ? I don't think the four knocks thing will end up just meaning The Master, it'll turn out to mean something else.

It'd be nice to see a giant milk-squirting tit, a la Woody Allen.

Quote: Kenneth @ December 6 2009, 10:05 PM GMT

I felt the same way when I discovered that Tadsilweny from Asterix and the Falling Sky was an anagram of Walt Disney.

John Nathan-Turner was apparently fond of anagrams and used them a few times for the Master. Such as Tremas, whose body was taken by the Master in The Keeper of Traken. And Anthony Ainley was credited as Neil Toynay in Castrovlalva, and as Leon Ny Taiy in the first one or two episodes of Time Flight, when we weren't supposed to know he was Kalid.

And 'James Stoker' (master's joke) in the King's Demons.

Quote: Kenneth @ December 6 2009, 10:05 PM GMT

I felt the same way when I discovered that Tadsilweny from Asterix and the Falling Sky was an anagram of Walt Disney.

John Nathan-Turner was apparently fond of anagrams and used them a few times for the Master. Such as Tremas, whose body was taken by the Master in The Keeper of Traken. And Anthony Ainley was credited as Neil Toynay in Castrovlalva, and as Leon Ny Taiy in the first one or two episodes of Time Flight, when we weren't supposed to know he was Kalid.

I remember there was quite a lot of discussion about Astrid's name in Voyage Of The Damned - Astrid is an anagram of Tardis. It was just a red herring. :)

By the way, here's another one - Wilfred Mott is an anagram of Time Lord WTF. Laughing out loud We'll see if that's a red herring on Friday! ;)

Quote: drZee @ December 22 2009, 8:43 PM GMT

By the way, here's another one - Wilfred Mott is an anagram of Time Lord WTF. Laughing out loud We'll see if that's a red herring on Friday! ;)

Laughing out loud
It could also be "Time Lord FTW"

(or Fold Wet Trim, but what are the chances...?)

Quote: Badge @ December 22 2009, 11:29 PM GMT

Laughing out loud
It could also be "Time Lord FTW"

(or Fold Wet Trim, but what are the chances...?)

Surely 'Time Lord FTW' means 'Time Lord Victorious' (from The Waters Of Mars)! :O

Wilf is the Rani!!!11!!!1!!!

;)

Quote: drZee @ December 22 2009, 1:04 PM GMT

I pray that we see a Zygon tinkering away at some point.

Quote: Ben @ December 23 2009, 9:42 AM GMT

I pray that we see a Zygon tinkering away at some point.

*crosses fingers* Zygons FTW.

You lot have gone Zygon potty. I'm holding out for the return of this classic Who monster:

*Hides behind sofa*

Is this programme still going then...?

Quote: drZee @ December 22 2009, 8:43 PM GMT

I remember there was quite a lot of discussion about Astrid's name in Voyage Of The Damned - Astrid is an anagram of Tardis. It was just a red herring. :)

There was even a palindrome in The War Games, where the villains used time travel machines called SIDRATs.

Quote: Griff @ December 23 2009, 12:42 PM GMT

In what way is SIDRAT a palindrome?

Because I am dumb. :$

Quote: Griff @ December 23 2009, 12:42 PM GMT

In what way is SIDRAT a palindrome?

(Love The War Games though.)

Was just thinking that lol.