Miranda - Series 1 Page 37

Quote: Aaron @ December 7 2009, 1:57 PM GMT

My digs at sooty have nothing to do with Miranda!

That's our Aaron!

I watched the last episode last night. Best so far by a leaping mile. I actually laughed. I think if this Miranda person can get her act together there is a possibility that it could be a runner.

Please note though it was mostly motherless and girly friendless. These have been written rather weakly and the episode benefitted from their absence.

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 7 2009, 2:14 PM GMT

I was thinking Olivia Colman as Eva and Tamsin Greig as Mrs Goebbels? Possibly Alexander McQueen as Himmler?

Ooh can I be in it, please? That's how casting works, isn't it?

Quote: zooo @ December 7 2009, 2:24 PM GMT

I want a Hitler sitcom!!!

Ooh, can I be in it please!

:D This was a great watch. Haven't laughed like that at TV in ages. Hope there's another series.

Quote: zooo @ December 7 2009, 2:24 PM GMT

I want a Hitler sitcom!!!

There you go Zooo.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWjCkcAmzDc&feature=related

Heil Honey, I'm Home...

...I forgot about that one.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. Episodes with the mother in are week. Patricia Hodge may be a fine actress but you can only do so much with a crap script. The last 'dating' episode was quite frankly cringeworthy. How many times is Miranda going to play on the way she looks for Gods sake. It's turning into a one trick pony without a trick I'm afraid. So disappointing after the last episode.

On another note, I would shag her shop assistant :)

Such a funny show. Could do with upping the gag-rate in some scenes admittedly, but a real joy to watch even as is. Why does there only have to be 6 episodes though?

Quote: Aaron @ December 7 2009, 9:26 PM GMT

Such a funny show. Could do with upping the gag-rate in some scenes admittedly, but a real joy to watch even as is. Why does there only have to be 6 episodes though?

Gag-rate? There were no gags. I didn't even smile. I really wanted to give this show a fair trial period because God help us we all know how difficult comedy is to write. By the way, she's already repeating stuff she's done before. She's fallen over twice now saying about acting cool. Aaron if I didn't want to have your babies I'd ask for a divorce.

Quote: roscoff @ December 7 2009, 9:21 PM GMT

On another note, I would shag her shop assistant :)

Careful roscoff, she might be reading this thread and become so overcome with lust that she'll send you her flange in the post.

Wasn't a great episode tonight, especially after last week's LOL-fest. The dating episodes are starting to get a bit redundant though the involvement of the customer and his line about 'I don't even know why I'm here, I'm supposed to be at my neice's birthday party' were fantastically self reverential.

Despite it's plot format getting a bit same-y, it still does make me laugh in places - Miranda passing out when chatting up beardy chef, the comment about her tits clapping and her emergency signal to the audience had me cracking up.

And that's enough for me, 5 laugh out loud moments in half an hour - which is a sad indictment, as a lot of modern sitcoms can't even manage one.

Not as good as last week's episode but still funny, loved Miranda trying to get out of the situations with the rubbish excuses and the customer that appeared at every situation and Tilly talking to Miranda with Miranda not having a clue what she's on about.

That wasn't the last episode tonight was it? Teary

No, there's still one left.

Quote: Aaron @ December 7 2009, 11:45 PM GMT

No, there's still one left.

Thank effin hell for that :)

They should hold her at gunpoint and make her make 4 more episodes to get it to 10. I'm going to have a bad Christmas......lots of cold turkey....

Quote: David Carmon @ December 3 2009, 11:31 AM GMT

Or if there will be a second series?

If you were in the second series, David - the BBC could call it Carmon Miranda.

>_<