Sitcom characters you never see Page 5

Quote: Jack Massey @ November 20 2009, 7:10 PM GMT

Unlikely though as she's dead.

Not in the prequel, she's not.

Kramer's pal Bob Sacamano in Seinfeld.

I've not seen any of the characters from Never the Twain. But that's just good taste on my part rather than the writers' comedy intent.

Quote: sootyj @ November 19 2009, 10:00 AM GMT

And you saw Mrs Mainwaring's substantial bum.

Is that in the episode where you see Mainwaring on the bottom bunk and above him is a big sagging dip in the middle of the top bunk - that's all we ever see of Mrs Mainwaring? That was a great episode, that one - he's brought her home some cheese, which was like gold dust, to get on her good side.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ November 24 2009, 2:43 PM GMT

Is that in the episode where you see Mainwearing on the bottom bunk and above him is a big sagging dip in the middle of the top bunk - that's all we ever see of Mrs Mainwearing. ?? That was a great episode, that one - he's brought her home some cheese, which was like gold dust, to get on her good side.

That's the episode where Mainwaring has a dream he's at Waterloo, I think.

Has anyone mentioned Hyacinth's son Sheridan in Keeping Up Appearances?

Quote: SlagA @ November 24 2009, 12:17 PM GMT

I've not seen any of the characters from Never the Twain. But that's just good taste on my part rather than the writers' comedy intent.

Laughing out loud

In 2point4 Children, Christine refers to various friends who are never seen, one being Chas.

I do believe Mrs Mainwearing makes an appearance in the film. Films sometimes blow their sitcom conventions. I don't recall seeing her but the film guide says she makes an appearance. Shame. That is still an excellent film tho.

Quote: david carmon @ November 24 2009, 5:12 PM GMT

Has anyone mentioned Hyacinth's son Sheridan in Keeping Up Appearances?

Yes, a few pages back. I always thought that Bruce, Violet's husband, was never seen but he does appear very briefly in the picnic at Violet's episode.

Quote: Leevil @ November 19 2009, 1:47 PM GMT

"The Master" in Trap Door.

Damnit, I came here to post this. Got the DVD not too long ago.

I suppose I shall have to throw in Fran's father in the Nanny.

What, don't look at me like that, it was between two other things I watched.

Harriet's husband in Green Wing? She mentions him quite a few times, but we never see him. :)

Would have said Del and Rodney's mother, but she will be in a younger incarnation in that spinoff show.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ November 25 2009, 2:44 PM GMT

I do believe Mrs Mainwaring makes an appearance in the film. Films sometimes blow their sitcom conventions. I don't recall seeing her but the film guide says she makes an appearance. Shame. That is still an excellent film tho.

I don't think she does. The most you ever see of her is the impression of her arse in the top bunk of the shelter's bunk beds.

Yes but I thought that was in a TV episode, the one where he dreams he's Wellington or Napoleon. ?