Sitcom characters you never see Page 8

Quote: Timbo @ October 25 2010, 6:37 PM BST

Do we ever see Damien Day's unfortunate cameraman (Gerry I think his name is)?

I just edited my last post which mentions it. Gerry's face is never seen. He appears in an office Christmas party but he is covered head-to-toe in bandages.

I've just noticed that there is an actress credited with playing Elizabeth Mainwaring.

In the episode "The Two and a Half Feathers" she is credited as being played by Parnell McGarry. She has three lines, all of which are, "Mmmmmmmm."

What about Beverly Macca from the Royle Family?

We know she's got big knockers and works in the Co-op! :)

You never see Navid's wife's face in Still Game

Quote: Ian Wolf @ October 25 2010, 6:32 PM BST

Another unseen character that no-one seems to have mentioned is Sir Roysten Merchant ... in the very last episode Sir Roysten does appear

Well, I guess that would be why then!

I've never seen Paddy the Greek in OFAH...

Well you Seinfeld dudes done well so far with:

Cousin Jeffery, Bob Sacramento and the Bubble Boy.

But what about

Corky Ramirez.

Aunt baby

And of course Teddy Paddalack!

Howard's mother in The Big Bang Theory is often heard off camera but never seen.

Has anyone said Hyacinth and Richard's son Sherridan in Keeping Up Appearances?

And, of course, Captain Tits in Dad's Army. One of Sergeant Wilson's old school friends.

I came here to mention Father Bigley in Father Ted who is always referenced in some odd way (has big puffy fish lips, wears womens clothing and perfume, etc etc) but I see he's already been referenced.

I always think that's hilarious in sitcoms when they over-reference one single character every time they need to mention someone strange so you end up with a description so extreme and convoluted there's no way this person could ever be seen on screen!

Back on topic though, in all of the (in my opinion, far too few!) times the world of versatile singer songwriter John Shuttleworth has gone visual you never see Ken Worthington, his neighbour and sole agent, bar a few off camera glimpses of his afro.

In a similar "seen but not really" viegn, Roy Mallard from People Like Us remains off camera 99% of the time and is only really able to be seen if you look closely at reflections or in the background of the shot etc...

(O/T...will someone PLEASE release series 2 of PLU on DVD? I know what happened with Langham and everything but maybe enough time has passed now and surely they'd make a few bob off it if they plastered a big picture of David Tennant on the cover of it and said "See the Doctor Who actor before he was famous!?" or something? )

Pssst. https://www.comedy.co.uk/shop/item/1722/people_like_us_series_two_dvd/

Lucy in Gavin and Stacey.

Do we ever see Fat no more Pat or Big fat Sue?

The Royle Family has loads of unseen characters.

I just thought of another one - "Leggings" Lorraine.

Funny you mention Beverly Macca, came across a blog/diary from Bev. It's quite funny, but don't know if it's connected.

http://beverlymacca.blogspot.com/