Miranda - Series 1 Page 18

Ah but isn't that the very point of his character? Here's a good looking bloke who isn't shallow for a change, he likes Miranda for what she is, and she nearly blows it every episode by being too insecure and 'scary', and yet he stays calmly with her. That is the major comedy thrust of the show.

Quite liked the first one. The second episode started to grate. There were far too many posh people being wet and the narrative was all over the place. I really can't stand the Stevie character. I know she's just a foil, but she's not very interesting or likeable.

Quote: Marc P @ November 17 2009, 9:30 AM GMT

Was there ever a better epsidoe of EE than New Years Day, the first day of the new millenium, when the lovely Tamsin had broken poor Ian's heart and the whole square had to pick up the pieces?

Did you write that one?

Ian Beale or the bloke out of Spandau Ballet? Now that's a toughie....

Also, ever heard the saying opposites attract? I reckon he's as keen on her as she is on him.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 17 2009, 9:46 AM GMT

Did you write that one?

Ian Beale or the bloke out of Spandau Ballet? Now that's a toughie....

Might have done.

Also I really like the fact that they give the small blonde woman really, really big cups to drink her coffee out of. Anyone else notice that?

:D

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ November 17 2009, 9:47 AM GMT

Also, ever heard the saying opposites attract? I reckon he's as keen on her as she is on him.

I think he is too, I just don't find it that believable. Maybe if he was a bit more quirky or had more of a sense of humour then I could understand it. I always prefer him when he breaks out of character for the 'You Have Been Watching' bit' as he seems quite fun as himself. His character though, is quite stiff.

Quote: Sammy @ November 17 2009, 10:04 AM GMT

His character though, is quite stiff.

So he does fancy her then? ;)

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 17 2009, 10:05 AM GMT

Laughing out loud

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 17 2009, 10:05 AM GMT

Oh dear oh dear. See, I was going to put that, then rose above it. Shame on you! ;)

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 17 2009, 10:06 AM GMT

Oh dear oh dear. See, I was going to put that, then rose above it. Shame on you! ;)

But I made Sammy laugh, I made Sammy laugh! Ner ner ner ner ner. :D

And me too you naughty thing. Yeah it actaully has potential to be an interesting will they-won't they story line, but I somehow already feel it's getting repetitive on the comedy side. How much comedy can you get out of that scenario without it looking samey? I wait to see. However, top laughs for me was the erotic food thing not being erotic, I thought that was brilliant!

Yeah that was pretty funny.

I do buy that he might like her.
They were trying to hint towards the fact that although he seems very normal on the outside that he's as mad as her inside. With his flying off the handle every time his cooking was challenged, and with him dancing around in the restaurant to music (just like Miranda would) when he thought no one was looking, and being embarrassed when Miranda came in and saw him.

Yes and he does have very big eyebrows!

I sort of like this. I went to the first radio recording when Alison Steadman was playing the mum, pity they couldn't get her for telly but Patricia Hodge is OK. Anyway that's an aside really. I think you have to warm to Miranda Hart in order to enjoy this show, which does have its very funny moments, even if a lot of them involve her falling over or getting wedged in chairs. Some of the scenes in last night's episode were a bit laboured but again, overall, I think it's a good watch. I think that Miranda should hook up with that other lost comedy soul, David Mitchell, and sail off into the sunset. Imagine their babies, they would be hilarious. (Funny as in sense of humour I mean, not looks wise, though come to think of it...)