Leaving the BCG Page 5

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 11 2009, 2:51 PM GMT

I like the fact the Royal Mail apologised for the condition it was delivered in. As though that was the salient issue. Rolling eyes

To be fair, aren't they obligated to deliver whatever is put into their system? (Provisions made under the Terrorism Act, no doubt, aside.)

I suppose so. Anything else it presumably seen as tampering with the mail before it reaches its intended recipient.

Bloody hell that's f**king odd.

Sorry to see you go big man, but it is indeed as you say serious business. Glad the little f**k stains plans were not successful.

I, too, thought this was a joke at first. Sorry to hear about this, Lee. The forums will be a worse place without your contributions.

Dan

Can you post yourself? Must be a cheap form of travel.

Come on quirky BBC Three presenters, try it for my own amusement.

Quote: Leevil @ November 11 2009, 3:05 PM GMT

Can you post yourself? Must be a cheap form of travel.

Funny you should say that:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3095592.stm

Surely Dave Gorman must have tried posting himself to other Dave Gormans in the world as part of a book/TV series tie-in? Or Tony Hawks has done 'Round Bulgaria In A Jiffy Bag'?

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 11 2009, 3:07 PM GMT

Funny you should say that:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3095592.stm

Laughing out loud

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 11 2009, 3:07 PM GMT

Or Tony Hawks has done Round Bulgaria In A Jiffy Bag?

Tony Hawks Comes in a Jiffy?

Quote: DaButt @ November 11 2009, 1:34 PM GMT

What the f**k is wrong with people? I assume it's someone (here or elsewhere) who has had an online feud with you. Good luck and I hope the cops catch the bastard.

That's the curious thing - I can't think of anyone on here who has any particular beef with Lee. I also can't think of anyone on here quite that stupid. Beyond the fact that it is a stupid thing to do, it is such a clumsily, unsophisticated, semi-literate piece of libel that even Damien McBride would be ashamed of it. I would like to think that if anyone here set out to ruin someone's career that they could do better. (That may not have come out quite right.)

Anyway, you will be missed Lee.

Lee I think that you should at least wait until the results are in on JC's 'What has been my best work so far?' vote.

Quote: Aaron @ November 11 2009, 3:00 PM GMT

To be fair, aren't they obligated to deliver whatever is put into their system? (Provisions made under the Terrorism Act, no doubt, aside.)

I've only just spotted this thread.

Yes Royal Mail are obliged to deliver as addressed and the postman/staff wouldn't read the back of the letter, only the address side. So nobody would have noticed. The damage has no doubt been caused by a firework or the likes, being put in a letter box where the letter lay. There's plenty of that goes on over the Guy Fawkes period.

Please don't leave here Lee, it sounds to me as though it's someone that reads your blog, rather than posts on here. It's a good policy too, to never use one's real name on forums.

Quote: Timbo @ November 11 2009, 3:53 PM GMT

I would like to think that if anyone here set out to ruin someone's career that they could do better.

If I wanted your opinion I'd have posted the letter in Critique.

Oh damn...

I'm not on here all the time (clock the posts count), I come and go but all the same I feel I should say something.

This has come I think we can all agree, as a shock to us all. While the world is full of lovely people (like our good selves) there is always one bastard willing to rip the fun apart.

Lets catch this guy, send him to the stocks where we can each hurl a rotten tomato (or whatever item of your choosing) and pelt him hard.

Go forth and do us all proud Lee.

Take care and God speed. Wave

Quote: Timbo @ November 11 2009, 3:53 PM GMT

I would like to think that if anyone here set out to ruin someone's career that they could do better.

Oh my God Lee. That's disgusting.

I obviously don't want you to leave, but I wish you the best of luck with everything.