Leaving the BCG Page 3

Agree with Tim and Rubes - don't get chased off a perfectly good forum by a cowardly f**kstick who doesn't know the difference between 'you're' and 'your'.

Quote: David Bussell @ November 11 2009, 1:56 PM GMT

a cowardly f**kstick who doesn't know the difference between 'you're' and 'your'.

*cue Kevin Murphy*

Lee can not only write, but he's surely one of the least controversial people on these boards. I don't think I've ever seen him snippy or deliberately provocative. Just friendly and cheerful. Sickening really.

:O Freaky!

Holy f**king shit! :O

I thought you were joking to begin with, but someone actually did this? I must live in a naive bubble world, as I can't really wrap my mind around this sort of behaviour.

As Tim suggested, you have got to involve the police as this is some weird ass shit and the person who did this is a seriously mentally unstable individual.

I don't blame you for taking up a 'Fortress Henman' stance and though I too will miss you terribly - this whack job is out to get you both personally and professionally.

If whoever did this is reading my post - go and seek professional psychiatric help, you bloody need it, you sick f**k.

On the plus side, we know it's not sootyj, as all the words are spelled correctly - sorry for that, just trying to make a light hearted quip in the face of something so utterly despicable.

I really do hope you find out who has done this and if you do, please name and shame on the BCG.

Good luck with everything Lee and I hope this bastard hasn't caused you too much distress.

I thought this was a joke by Lee at first but holy shitbags! How did they know your prodco? Is it mentioned here or on the blog? I'm not on here enough these days to pick-up on it. Shocking mate.

Quote: Lee Henman @ November 11 2009, 12:56 PM GMT

Hi all

This morning a producer from a TV prodco called me to tell me about a malicious letter about me that she received this morning. This is the letter.

She treated it in a lighthearted-way, assuming it was some kind of weird joke, but I assured her I know of nobody who might do this. The letter makes reference to my online blog, although quite how the person has come to the conclusion that she's "sniffing around me" is beyond me. Obviously the worst aspect about the letter though is the "kiddie-fiddler" comment.

The letter itself was stuck to the back of the envelope rather than inside it, which obviously suggests that the person who sent it wanted as many people in the office as possible to read it.

For some reason the letter was also partially-burned, and there was an accompanying note from the Royal Mail, apologizing for the letter being damaged somehow in transit.

The letter is obviously designed to de-rail my "career" in some way (although it hasn't, luckily the producer is a friend as well as a professional contact and knows me well). But the letter is obviously a direct result of my online presence, and I'm not saying I'm certain that the perpetrator is a member of the BCG, but it is a distinct possibility seeing as how these are pretty much the only forums I ever post on.

I'm a father of two children, and the suggestion of me being a paedophile, however flippantly-worded, is serious and disturbing. It's also illegal, and the police have been notified, who will be investigating.

Anyway, for all the reasons above, I've decided to reduce my online presence to nil. I won't be posting in the BCG forums anymore (except to reply to this thread), and I'll also be pulling my comedy writing blog.
It's a lesson learned that the internet can be a strange place full of strange people who can, if they wish, use the web as a tool to inflict harm on others.

I've thoroughly-enjoyed my time on the BCG and have made some good friends here. You're largely a funny, nice bunch so thanks for all the laughs you've given me over the past couple of years.

All the best to you all and keep smiling :)

Lee x

F**king f**k! :O

That's just ... wow.

Obviously, do whatever you think's best in this situation, but I'd urge you not to let it rattle you to such an extent that you stop posting and blogging; to give 'them' that power over you and the thought that it may work with other writers, and arguably could suggest that you've something to hide?

Terrible grammar too.

Naturally, if there's anything I can do to help, don't hesitate to get in touch.

Quote: Aaron @ November 11 2009, 2:00 PM GMT

Terrible grammar too.

Laughing out loud definitely wasn't Aaron then! :D

Quote: ContainsNuts @ November 11 2009, 2:02 PM GMT

Laughing out loud definitely wasn't Aaron then! :D

Ah, but perhaps that the bad grammar is deliberately done to put us off the scent? (Like a bad episode of Morse.)

Do letters mailed in the UK include a postmark that shows which city and/or postal code it was mailed from? I guess it wouldn't really help much if it just said "London" but perhaps it could narrow down the identity of the sender.

Lee, it goes without saying that whoever sent this is beyond bitter and twisted, more on the verge of mentally ill.

Just horrific.

I understand your desire to reduce your online presence to nil.

The very best of luck to you sir.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 11 2009, 1:58 PM GMT

Lee can not only write, but he's surely one of the least controversial people on these boards. I don't think I've ever seen him snippy or deliberately provocative. Just friendly and cheerful. Sickening really.

Yep, if you're getting this done to you, then a few of us who aren't going to be sleeping that well until the culprit is caught.

My guess? Bitter failed f**king writer. :(

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 11 2009, 2:05 PM GMT

My guess? Bitter failed f**king writer. :(

Well that narrows it down. Cheers for that Tim.

;)

Quote: DaButt @ November 11 2009, 2:05 PM GMT

Do letters mailed in the UK include a postmark that shows which city and/or postal code it was mailed from? I guess it wouldn't really help much if it just said "London" but perhaps it could narrow down the identity of the sender.

They should be able to trace it back to the sorting office and hence the location of postage. Of course, if someone is sick enough to do this, then they might go to the trouble of making a trip to post is from somewhere remote to where they live.

I don't wanna sound like f**king Columbo, but this is going to make me more cautious about putting my home address and personal contact details on scripts I send out. Thank f**k I'm a lazy bastard and don't send owt out!

Only including an email contact seems most sensible.