Recorded For Training Purposes submissions for S4 Page 12

The commissioned writers are a series behind, so to speak, i.e. we were commissioned for this series following non-commissioned work submitted to the last series.

Well done, guys. :)
Nice to see meritocrasy for a change instead of "not wht you now, it's who you know."

Didn't you guys all get invited on one of the BBC workshop thingies?

Cool. May you go on to even better things. :)

Mikey Jackson: what the devil is that fluff on your chin? You'd look far smarter with a clean-shaven chin. And put a comb through that hair for Christ's sake. You're a disgrace, man.

So, what exactly are the perks of being a commissioned writer?

Thanks Griff.

Do you generally get feedback on everything you submit?

I always imagine the pressure must be quite high once you're commissioned. Nonetheless, that can often bring out the best.

Mikey Jackson: what the devil is that fluff on your chin? You'd look far smarter with a clean-shaven chin. And put a comb through that hair for Christ's sake. You're a disgrace, man.

heh heh, you'll be pleased to know I no longer have the double fluffy chinny bits. And... what's a comb?

Am still waiting on the RFTP word too... first time I submitted to it. I got two on Newsjack but no word of a follow up meeting or advice from those fellas. Bummer, was hoping to build on it.

ARGH! I've had a sketch shortlisted for this too! I'm having such a magic comedy writing day.

Just got an email from this telling me that I've "made it through the initial sift".

Anyone else heard?

Chalk up one more the the Dan-meister!

(yes I heard, but you porbably got that impression).

Oh, bugger :(

Is there a second post on e-mail?

Yep, 'initial sift through' one for one of my and Jane P's sketches. (Hope she's read the emails and is not finding out this way!) :)

Dan

Quote: Crusty427 @ November 3 2009, 6:00 PM GMT

Is there a second post on e-mail?

I hope so!