Peter Kay's Phoenix Nights

Hi all,

Had a look through page 1 and 2 and not seen nothing of it, but could anybody shed some information on whether there will be a third series?

I know Peter Kay was busy with Max and Paddy, and I understand there will be a second series of that. But will we ever see Brian Potter in full swing again? :D

Recently got the 1st and 2nd series of Phoenix Knights and it was a delight to watch 'em again.

Any help or information would be appreciated.

I am very far from an expert on that show, but I think the two main people involved don't talk anymore, so I doubt it.

But I guess Kay wouldn't mind making it without erm... the other bloke. He'd probably prefer to be the only star.

*edit*
Dave Spikey!

I too am far from an expert on the show, but I believe it's just nights rather than Knights, I could be wrong though.

Not sure if I'd like to see another series of it. I thought it was relatively funny, especially compared to Peter Kay's stand-up(Which to me has no replay value at all), but I think they took it as far as it could go.

Although I like Phoenix Nights, I never warmed to it the way some people did. It is funny, with solid scripts and a good cast, but I don't think it deserved the plaudits heaped upon it at the time (mainly by Northerners, it has to be said). That Peter Kay Thing (his series of mock documentaries) was infinitely superior, and proof that Channel 4's Comedy Lab does ocassionally work.

Brian Potter with a Kitt Wheel chair lol "Whoa, Whoa Whoa!!".
I liked Pheonix nights its one of those things you watch and can go back few months later and watch again :)

I agree that it isn't very likely that they will make any more. There was some talk though that Peter Kay might want to make either a 3rd series or film but he said that they would have to do it without a couple of characters. I would guess that would mean Jerry and Ray. That would mean that it only had 1 of its original writers and I would rather not see it come back at all than that.

i think there was a lot of fall outs between the key people involved, i did like it but something about Max and paddy's appeal;ed to me more, i used to be a big fan of Dave spikey's stand-up but i am now going of him, i never did like Peter Kay, i've just finished reading his book and it is shocking, 271 pages of absolute shite

Any more news on a third series?

Yes, they start filming next week.

I have been watching all of the episodes on YouTube. This is possibly a classic, certainly in the top five Channel 4 sitcoms. I think perhaps Max and Paddy were far more suited to their cameos in this rather than their whole series.

The Max and paddy series didn't feel quite right.

Channel 4 have produced some excellent comedy TV in recent years...Phoenix Nights, The Inbetweeners and Peep Show to name but a few.

Phoenix Nights. The antithesis of comedy.

I would have thought you'd have quite liked that Aaron from the little I know of your comedy tastes.

Was the second series an improvement from the first? I couldn't wait for it to end.

I think the first was slightly better. The second got a bit too sentimental.

I watched both series of it and I don't think I laughed once.