- 26th September: Phoenix Nights to be shown in arenas
- 2001 - 2002
- Channel 4
- 12 (2 series)
- Peter Kay, Dave Spikey, Paddy McGuinness, Neil Fitzmaurice, Justin Moorhouse, Archie Kelly, Steve Edge, Toby Foster and others
- Peter Kay, Neil Fitzmaurice and Dave Spikey
- Jonny Campbell and Peter Kay
- Mark Herbert, John Rushton and Henry Klejdys
Bad-tempered, wheelchair-bound Brian Potter runs a working mans club in Bolton called The Phoenix. The struggling club is staffed by an odd bunch, including licensee Jerry St Clair.
The club has had a troubled history, having been closed many times. Brian is now trying to bring it back to its former glory... but is often hampered by things really not going to plan.
The idea for Phoenix Nights can first be seen in That Peter Kay Thing, the episode titled In The Club.
The 2004 sitcom Max And Paddy's Road To Nowhere was a spin-off from this show.
- Production companies
- Also known as
- Peter Kay's Phoenix Nights (Series 1 promotional title)
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Sunday 14th January 2001 on Channel 4 at 9:30pm
- Last new broadcast
- Thursday 12th September 2002 on Channel 4 at 10pm