Modern Family

Is the best new American comedy in quite some time if you ask me. It premiered this past Wednesday on ABC and what it lacks in originality (it's a mockumentary which follows an extended family), it makes up for with funny writing and quality acting. I can't help but think that the show's creators are big fans of Outnumbered. Anyways, don't let the unoriginal premise deter you from checking Modern Family out!

I just finished watching this show for the first time and it really was a very funny show.

I thought it was really funny, especially the bits about "shooting the son." Oh, and the line "Why are you smiling?"

Quote: hotzappa11 @ September 25 2009, 9:35 PM BST

I thought it was really funny, especially the bits about "shooting the son." Oh, and the line "Why are you smiling?"

Yes! That pellet gun thing was gold.

Critics over here don't hate it, and I thought it was alright.

Thought it was very funny, has definite potential, plus critics seem to like it and the ratings were good, so there is a chance it stays on air for at least the full series!

Only thing I didn't really like was the 'talking heads', the mockumentary format just isn't neccessary in my opinion.

Enjoyed it. There were some bit which were a bit "urgh" but quickly followed by something funny so, overall pretty good. Probably stick with this one for a little bit see what they do with it.

I stopped watching Glee to watch this show since they were both on at the same time.
Glee was getting a little on the 'soap opera' side and quickly becoming less funny.
This show is worth watching. Like Gav said, even if a part does make you groan it hits back with a something funny. The 'cool dad' is my favourite. The gay couple are cringe comedy, but I think its done well. More in the vein of the US Office.

The second episode was as good as the first. Loving all three families.

I really enjoyed the first 2 episodes of this and will be sticking with it.

Painfully derivative.

Burrell's character is cringeworthy.

"I was in a plane crash".

Still really liking this show. ABC have given the go ahead for a full season. :)

Quote: Martin H @ October 9 2009, 8:36 PM BST

"I was in a plane crash".

Still really liking this show. ABC have given the go ahead for a full season. :)

Ha! I loved that line.

"Casablanca."

I was impressed with the first episode, flowed quite nicely with lots of funny bits. I thought Married With Children was one of the most exaggerated-laughter sitcoms ever. The laughs would be huge for nothing, so its good to see the main actor doing something quite funny and doing it so naturally.

I have just watched the four episode and thought it was really funny, nothing amazing but solid.

Does anyone know if the song that the daughters boyfriend sings at the end had about doing her has already been released by a band, I am pretty sure I've heard it before.