Off The Hook Page 5

Quote: Aaron @ September 25 2009, 5:49 PM BST

She was sitting outside on a sunny day. From what we've seen of the arrangement of the campus and halls, she could easily have been seen from pretty much any window there.

Although the timing of her there then was perhaps a bit set-up. But then I think we'd just seen her coming out of a lecture?

Agreed, it was one of the weaker points I made, but it just seemed like the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

BTW why is Scarlett always being portrayed as the not-a-hot-chick? I think she's the best one there!

I just watched it quite enjoyed it, slow beginning with not enough gags to tee it up, but not too bad at all and will try and watch the rest. Not really sitcom for me more teen comedy drama I guess. The actors are all good.

Quote: Tom Simpson @ September 25 2009, 8:47 PM BST

Though it was useful as I'm being "persuaded" to go to Uni and I wanna know what it's like) and really enjoyed it tbh, though I wouldn't necessarily call it a comedy, can't really think of what genre I'd class it under tbh.

Looking forward to Episode 4. :)

Definitely go to university if you get the chance - it's better than it's portrayed on TV, and the most stress you'll have in your first year is which girls to date, and making sure you're up in time for Neighbours... that's got to beat working!

Back to Off The Hook, I've seen next week's episode and it's the best yet. A tight plot which focuses on just Danny and Shane. They take two girls on a date and it goes badly, as you'd expect from a sitcom. If you're wondering whether it is a comedy - next week's episode will convince you it is playing things for laughs, as the realism leaves the room a little to make way for the funny situation.

I'm really enjoying this series. Yes it's a bit predictable, I guessed the mole would be a cornflake and that there would be pictures of his ass on the camera, but it's fun with likeable characters.

Quote: Mark @ September 26 2009, 2:01 PM BST

Definitely go to university if you get the chance - it's better than it's portrayed on TV, and the most stress you'll have in your first year is which girls to date, and making sure you're up in time for DOCTORS... that's got to beat working!

Doctors has a terribly depressing theme tune that makes me change channel immediately.

As for the photos, I too knew that there'd be something on there, but I didn't think they'd be of his arse. And I certainly didn't see the cornflake bit coming. Sick

Quote: ContainsNuts @ September 26 2009, 12:46 PM BST

Agreed, it was one of the weaker points I made, but it just seemed like the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

BTW why is Scarlett always being portrayed as the not-a-hot-chick? I think she's the best one there!

Yes, rather bizarre. I guess it's because she's got the ... er, style, thing ... going on, whereas the other girls are fairly stereotypical perfect-beauties.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ September 26 2009, 12:46 PM BST

I saw a bit of the BBC's The Tudors, where they have one of history's most notoriously 'ugly' characters, Anne of Cleves, played by the lovely Joss Stone. Why can't ugly people get these roles?

It was poor. I hated the go to gag man most of all, is it Shane? I think it's lazy to have a 'mental', ginger haired, tubby fella that falls over a lot to rely on for cheap laughs for the jokes are running low. The 'look at me, I'm mental' type of thing. I also wasn't keen on the small part Jay from the Inbetweeners played. I think he's wasted in that role.

Quote: Paul Shepley @ September 27 2009, 3:19 AM BST

I think he's wasted in that role.

No I don't thinks he's on drugs or drink he's just supposed to be one of those really depressed and introverted student types.

Good episode tonight. I do like a good fart gag, are there were plenty. :D

I tried to watch the second episode. Gave up half way through. It's too weak.

This week's was better, I think.

Yep, good episode. I really want Danny to turn round and smack Shane in the face though. Particularly in the scene at the sink. They even got the testing right, considering the uni they filmed it at.

(If anyone remembers those tests-gone-horribly-wrong a few years ago where a bunch of people were in comas for weeks, that was at Northwick Park, the hospital directly next door to the uni where this is filmed, the University of Westminster's Harrow campus.)