Awesome, cheers!

What's that, about £5?

1 Day Travel Card.

Zones 1-2 £7.20 £5.60 £18.40 ----
Zones 1-3 £8.60 ---- ---- ----
Zones 1-4 £10.00 £6.30 ---- ----
Zones 1-5 £12.60 ---- ---- ----

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/faresandtickets/oneand3daytickets/2911.aspx

That must be on-peak, no? I get an all day 1-6 travelcard for £7.50 when I go to see Elliot.

Quote: Leevil @ August 10 2009, 6:33 PM BST

Hmmm not that often, about 3/4 times a year?

Perhaps a little overkill then, but might be worth looking into the cost of.

If you get an Oyster card then the most you'll spend in a day is about fiver. Only terrorists, tourists and perverts use card travel cards.

Quote: sootyj @ August 10 2009, 7:17 PM BST

If you get an Oyster card then the most you'll spend in a day is about fiver. Only terrorists, tourists and perverts use card travel cards.

Cool

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ August 10 2009, 7:17 PM BST

Cool

Which of the three do you fall into? :O

I once sat on a train from the North behind 3 Northeners moaning about how you could only get an Oyster if you had a London adress. And you had to send said proof by post to the mayor.

I'd have pointed out that anyone can get one for a £3 deposit. But I suspect they'd have hit me with their clogs and set their whippets on me. Besides I like the idea of it working as a stupid tax.

Quote: sootyj @ August 10 2009, 7:17 PM BST

How much do they cost? I can't make sense of the website.

Quote: Aaron @ August 10 2009, 7:20 PM BST

Which of the three do you fall into? :O

So many potentially awful jokes...

Quote: Leevil @ August 10 2009, 7:23 PM BST

As sooty said, it's £3 (refundable deposit).

Quote: Aaron @ August 10 2009, 7:25 PM BST

As sooty said, it's £3 (refundable deposit).

Ah, cool. Will look into it then.

Quote: Leevil @ August 10 2009, 7:23 PM BST

You have to pay £5 which is £2 initial credit and a £3 deposit (which is refundable). Then you top up after that either with weekly/monthly season tickets or just with credit.

It then works out the cheapest version based on your usage.

Which is something like 4x£1 bus journeys, then free after that as it becomes a bus pass.

You can buy them over the counter at Tube stations.

Quote: sootyj @ August 10 2009, 7:27 PM BST

You have to pay £5 which is £2 initial credit and a £3 deposit (which is refundable). Then you top up after that either with weekly/monthly season tickets or just with credit.

It then works out the cheapest version based on your usage.

Which is something like 4x£1 bus journeys, then free after that as it becomes a bus pass.

You can buy them over the counter at Tube stations.

Cheers.

Also worth noting that if you're using it on PAYG mode, you'll never get charged more than a day travelcard.

Quote: Aaron @ August 10 2009, 7:29 PM BST

Also worth noting that if you're using it on PAYG mode, you'll never get charged more than a day travelcard.

That's good. :)

Quote: Aaron @ August 10 2009, 7:29 PM BST

About a pound less isn't it?

It's a good system isn't it? Should be it cost a billion pounds, the only one like it is called Squid and is HongKong.

I am a total geek.