BCG Meet up 2009 Page 54

Do we have a date set yet?

The date has been set from the start.

Are we in lounge or the suite?

Whats the cost btw?

How long do these normally go on for? I was hoping for it to go on all night and then catch the earliest train out :D

Quote: bigfella @ August 11 2009, 7:12 PM BST

Are we in lounge or the suite?

Whats the cost btw?

At present, the 1st Floor Lounge. We're not going to go into pricing.

Well I see that now, thanks for posting the date along with the message telling me that the date was already posted, as doing that obvously takes no effort on your part and is just generally helpfull and kind

Quote: Leevil @ August 11 2009, 7:15 PM BST

How long do these normally go on for? I was hoping for it to go on all night and then catch the earliest train out :D

Until closing time. I'm sure you could pick up a few cans of cider and sit around on the street.

Quote: Aaron @ August 11 2009, 7:15 PM BST

We're not going to go into pricing.

No I mean cost for us!

Nothing!

There's no fee. Just what you want from the bar.

Quote: Mat Brooks @ August 11 2009, 7:16 PM BST

Well I see that now, thanks for posting the date along with the message telling me that the date was already posted, as doing that obvously takes no effort on your part and is just generally helpfull and kind

Word of advice - don't go there!

It's his board you see!

Quote: zooo @ August 11 2009, 7:18 PM BST

Nothing!

Quote: Aaron @ August 11 2009, 7:18 PM BST

There's no fee. Just what you want from the bar.

Well that is amazingly generous.

But isn't someone going to be out of pocket? :(

Quote: bigfella @ August 11 2009, 7:19 PM BST

Well that is amazingly generous.

But isn't someone going to be out of pocket? :(

Only those buying drinks!

Quote: Aaron @ August 11 2009, 7:16 PM BST

Until closing time. I'm sure you could pick up a few cans of cider and sit around on the street.

Sounds like a plan!

Quote: Aaron @ August 11 2009, 7:24 PM BST

Only those buying drinks!

Luckily, due to the recession, a lot of bars are willing to do deals. Speaking from personal experience, if the bar takes X amount in drink sales over the course of the evening, then the hire is usually free.

Having said all that - a big thanks to Ellie and Co. for sorting out a venue and arranging the evening. I'm sure it will be a smashing success...until I turn up obviously.

Quote: Aaron @ August 11 2009, 6:23 PM BST

We have confirmed the booking today, so I can reveal that the meet will be in the Old Crown Public House, at 33 New Oxford Street. It is exactly half-way between Tottenham Court Road and Holborn Tube stations.

Google Maps

http://www.old-crown.co.uk/

Ah, yes, been in there once or maybe twice.
It is near my bank.

Quote: Mat Brooks @ August 11 2009, 7:16 PM BST

It's in the key message, the very first one of this topic.