Spaced Page 5

Got to be some sort of sci-fi surely?

Unfunny.

And can we keep on topic please guys? There must be a dedicated thread for Pegg and his little friends.

I prefer the 1st series.

Never actually seen Spaced but I really want to see it.

Buy it then, I dare say the DVDs are going pretty cheap in used and new on Amazon.

I do really love the show, not sure which series I prefer more than the other, but at a push... no, can't really decide. Pound for pound, I probably enjoy series one a little more then the second, but it's still a hard one to call.

Saying that, I do tend to rewatch the whole thing in big chunks so never really assessed them individually. Not a huge fan of the films, quite liked Shaun, but Hot Fuzz did little for me and I'm not counting down the days for the third film either.

I love Spaced. Both series are pretty much equal in my opinion but if I had to choose I would pick the second. The DVD is worth getting, the commentary is very interesting and amusing and the out-takes are hilarious.

Spaced is one of my all-time favourite shows. I like every single episode and can't think of anything wrong with the show. Oh wait, I can. IT WAS TOO SHORT! :P They skipped to the end (so to speak Pleased ) far too soon.

It was 10 years old September 23rd! Now that's fried gold!

Spaced: Ten Years On. Empire interview.

If anyone's interested, here's a bit of Spaced (US): http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/mediamonkeyblog/2010/mar/04/us-spaced-monkey

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ March 5 2010, 10:37 AM GMT

If anyone's interested, here's a bit of Spaced (US): http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/mediamonkeyblog/2010/mar/04/us-spaced-monkey

Dan

Jesus God in Heaven that was unpleasant! Makes you realise how important a factor casting is. I could have watched more of the guy playing Mike though - he showed some promise. Everything else was arse-clenchingly dire.

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 29 2009, 1:43 AM GMT

Spaced: Ten Years On. Empire interview.

Bit late on the uptake, but that was a great interview. No Mark Heap comments though. Did he fall out with the others?

Quote: greensville @ March 5 2010, 11:07 AM GMT

Bit late on the uptake, but that was a great interview. No Mark Heap comments though. Did he fall out with the others?

Maybe he's upset about all the commentary on how Julian Barret was supposed to be Brian.

If you are really hardcore about Spaced I'd recomend importing the Region 1 release of the DVDs. It has some of the best DVD commentary going with Kevin Smith, Matt Stone, Patton Oswalt, Quentin Tarantino and some others. There's also an hour long Q&A with the cast I know isn't on the Region 2 release.

Quote: MTpromises @ March 7 2010, 8:18 PM GMT

If you are really hardcore about Spaced I'd recomend importing the Region 1 release of the DVDs. It has some of the best DVD commentary going with Kevin Smith, Matt Stone, Patton Oswalt, Quentin Tarantino and some others. There's also an hour long Q&A with the cast I know isn't on the Region 2 release.

Yes, there is hours of viewing fun on the American release. However, I am not interested in the least to hear what American celebrities have to say about Spaced, In fact, it would probably kill the show for me.