Spaced Page 4

I'll have to buy the box set at some point, just for that documentary.

No matter how much I watch this show and try and love it, I just can't really get 'into' it bigtime. I just can't under the vast extent of the acclaim it gets from some quarters. I think it'll always be a case of respecting it rather than adoring it from my point of view.

I do really like the character of Brian Topp, though. Easily the best thing about that show IMO. Mark Heap is the man.

Well, everyone can't like everything.

I have to sell my copy. They finally came out with a Region 1 version of Spaced. I'm going to somehow have to try and sell my old UK region version.

Very happy that Spaced was finally released on DVD here. It played several times on Bravo Canada to fairly quiet appreciation. Took me a few episodes to really get it, but the sheer detail packed into each one makes it ideal for box set/repeated viewing. While I enjoy Pegg's subsequent productions, I wish Jessica Hynes was writing more - though she certainly has the acting chops to keep her gainfully employed for the rest of her days.

Quote: Phil Cottrell @ July 29 2009, 7:06 AM BST

I wish Jessica Hynes was writing more - though she certainly has the acting chops to keep her gainfully employed for the rest of her days.

I get the impression she's more into her family than her career these days. :(

Spaced is certainly brilliantly inventive and funny. For me what makes Spaced one of the best are the occasional moments of unexpected pathos in amongst the mayhem. This is such a hard thing to achieve and my favourite sitcoms - Only Fools and Horses, One Foot in the Grave, Father Ted, do it very well.

Quote: chipolata @ July 29 2009, 9:48 AM BST

I get the impression she's more into her family than her career these days. :(

Well, she's just been on Broadway with Stephen Mangan.

Quote: hotzappa11 @ July 29 2009, 10:42 AM BST

Well, she's just been on Broadway with Stephen Mangan.

Selfish family hating bitch!

Just watched the first half of series one again today. *sigh* Bliss. I love everything about Spaced.

Matthew, do you rent the room downstairs?

Quote: Leevil @ August 2 2009, 8:17 PM BST

Matthew, do you rent the room downstairs?

Laughing out loud

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 2 2009, 8:07 PM BST

Just watched the first half of series one again today. *sigh* Bliss. I love everything about Spaced.

Which series do you prefer just out of interest? I like them both but think series 2 is much funnier and polished.

Thought SOTD was ok (bit slushy- with the whole Nick Frost/ Simon Pegg relationship). Didn't really like Hot Fuzz at all.

Think they're doing another film together to complete their trilogy. Can't remember what they call it..something involving Cornetto's, I think!

Quote: greensville @ August 2 2009, 9:16 PM BST

Which series do you prefer just out of interest? I like them both but think series 2 is much funnier and polished.

Thought SOTD was ok (bit slushy- with the whole Nick Frost/ Simon Pegg relationship). Didn't really like Hot Fuzz at all.

Think they're doing another film together to complete their trilogy. Can't remember what they call it..something involving Cornetto's, I think!

I think, possibly, the second series.

I really liked both the films so far. They are going to be doing a third film, as the Pegg, Wright, Frost trio; though I don't think it's going to be coming that soon. Wright is currently shooting 'Scott Pilgrim vs. the World', and Pegg and Frost are shooting 'Paul', which Pegg and Frost wrote together. So their third film as a trio, which has the working title of 'The World's End', might be a year or two away.

What style is the third film?