Spaced Page 3

Quote: zooo @ August 4, 2007, 11:38 AM

So you mean the subject matter has dated?
That's fair enough. But I don't think the show itself has.
If you can make that distinction.

When I watch it I can believe that it's happening right now, I'm not thinking of it as being stuck in the past.

The style of characters has dated, as has the directorial style - just my opinion. It doesn't matter much, it's still laugh out loud funny on repeat viewings and Pegg-Wright-Frost have really made the step up to the big screen very well.

Quote: Seefacts @ August 4, 2007, 5:22 PM

The style of characters has dated, as has the directorial style - just my opinion.

That just shows how successful and influential it was

I've said on a number of occasions that IMO, Shaun of the Dead started out pretty well, but then just turned into poo. It really felt like they ran out of material after about 50 minutes, and were rushed to finishing it by the production schedule. Not funny, and comes over all emotional and moral and generally boring.

Spaced, on the other hand, whilst kind of entertaining, wasn't funny at any point.

You didn't find Spaced funny?
How unuuusual.

I loved SOTD, but I didn't enjoy Hot Fuzz as much.

I only discovered Spaced recently and was not disappointed. I don't think it's aged badly, it still felt quite fresh and original.

I loved SOTD too and I liked Hot Fuzz but not as much.

Quote: zooo @ August 6, 2007, 5:47 PM

You didn't find Spaced funny?

Nope, not in the slightest. Don't remember more than a slight smile over the whole series'.

Quote: Aaron @ August 6, 2007, 7:35 PM

Nope, not in the slightest. Don't remember more than a slight smile over the whole series'.

But Aaron, you didn't find Spinal Tap funny so your opinion doesn't count!

Mostly 'cos it wasn't. :P

The brain boggles.

Quote: Nick Rivers @ August 6, 2007, 7:49 PM

But Aaron, you didn't find Spinal Tap funny so your opinion doesn't count!

That is what we in the business call 'touche'

Ah well your opinions don't count because you DID find it funny. I win.

I've just won the Series 1 and 2 DVD, on eBay, for 3.70, with free P+P. I was so made up with the cheapness of it, that I also bought a Spaced fridge magnet, with the cast pictured on it.

By the way, does anyone on here own the DVD? If so, what bonus features does it have?

Quote: catskillz @ July 23 2009, 6:07 PM BST

I've just won the Series 1 and 2 DVD, on eBay, for 3.70, with free P+P. I was so made up with the cheapness of it, that I also bought a Spaced fridge magnet, with the cast pictured on it.

By the way, does anyone on here own the DVD? If so, what bonus features does it have?

What do you mean by Series 1 & 2. Do you mean separately or the boxset?

It's the Boxset.

Well, there's the big 1-hour documentary. Homeage-O-Meter. Deleted Scenes. Outtakes. Commentaries. Trailers. A lot of stuff really. It's nice.