Psychoville - Series 1 Page 45

I agree with the acting of the male dwarf lead... it wasn't that wooden, just particularly unbeleivable in comparison to the rest of the cast.

My favourite character was Jelly. I thought he was just brilliantly executed. I loved the sisters and the relationship between them and Lomax.

I can't wait for the next series.

Mr. Jelly was the best. :D

Yes he was.

I did love Tea Leaf for some reason though.

He was good too.

But I liked Mr Jelly because he was a good guy, just had a chip on his shoulder, rightly so. His banter with the old woman was classic.

He was lovely. I miss the show loads already. :(

Yes. It did a good job of burying its way into our hearts and laying the eggs of joy.

Lomax was the best. I particularly liked his Hancock complex.

I loved Lomax too, great performance by Steve and his relationship with Tea Leaf was great. I think maybe that the Snappy storyline did lag a bit at times. That time they spent with the Crabtree sisters in the seller's house wasn't the greatest stretch of the story and it did fizzle out a bit too quickly. I appreciated the way they just had Lomax reset the hunt for Snappy at the end of the series, but it was a bit... and there we are for me. In fact the whole ending kind of seemed to be a bit too quick for me. I appreciate the point was getting them all there for the revelation, but the individual strands could have been bettered with a bit more punch come their resolution.

Back to the dwarves, yeah they weren't the strongest of performers, but I didn't have too much of a problem with that. More than anything, I think it was the way that strand was too detached from the rest. The other stories did have a lot of time independent of each other, but that one in particular seemed TOO far away to gel too well into things overall. Then again, telekinetic dwarves, evil witches and spooky cabins, Biggins...it's a world away from the most bizarre moments from the rest.

Yes, the Crabtree sisters were rather boring. I had little time for them, but then I have little time for a lot of people.

The Borrowers have little time too.

I only put up with the dwarf storyline because of Brian and Biggins. Jelly is the best though, without a doubt

My favourite Mr Jelly bit was where he beat Mr Jolly as he performed Punch and Judy.

What is a "hancock complex"?

Quote: Sal Paradise @ August 7 2009, 11:54 PM BST

What is a "hancock complex"?

His (unexplained/irrational) dislike of legendary British comedian Tony Hancock...

http://www.tonyhancock.org.uk/

It makes me laugh even now!