The Sam and Dave Show Page 7

Quote: Sam Morgan @ June 17 2009, 3:17 PM BST

Well I am glad it didn't upset you, I would have been mortified if had done.

Warmest regards

Sam

Don't believe that for a second! :D

Having said all that, I believe that a disabled James Bond sketch has legs (if you'll pardon the pun) as long as it's committed to and run with. Or done with more of a point (edited to remove quite nice sketch idea I don't want anyone else to have...).

Has to be said, I'm already thinking I like the idea enough I wish I hadn't just given it away for free...

I've now cut it out of the original post...

Antrax, why don't you send some stuff in, and I can have a look for the Show.

Warmest regards

Sam

Hi Anthrax.
That was Sam's take on Blonde Bond, which is a lot different to how it was originally intended.
It just goes to show how sketches can be interpreted in different ways by different people.

My Blonde Blond sketch is actually supposed to be taking the piss out of Daniel Craig as being short, blonde and minging, i.e. nothing like how James Bond should be at all.
The bond girl doesn't want to make love to him because he's not tall, dark and handsome.

Quote: Sam Morgan @ June 17 2009, 4:41 PM BST

Antrax, why don't you send some stuff in, and I can have a look for the Show.

Since it doesn't appear to be paid, I probably won't, if that's ok.

Of course I understand, but if you change your mind, please don't hesitate.

Regards

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ June 17 2009, 5:04 PM BST

Hi Anthrax.
That was Sam's take on Blonde Bond, which is a lot different to how it was originally intended.
It just goes to show how sketches can be interpreted in different ways by different people.

My Blonde Blond sketch is actually supposed to be taking the piss out of Daniel Craig as being short, blonde and minging, i.e. nothing like how James Bond should be at all.
The bond girl doesn't want to make love to him because he's not tall, dark and handsome.

I thought that was what it was. It's why I found the interpretation so odd - didn't seem to bear any relation to what was actually written on the page. I might understand what happened if they'd taken the other implication of the title and made him a bit of a ditzy 'blonde' type.

Though, I know a few ladies who'd take you to task about Craig being minging! (and for my money, he's bang on the money on how James Bond should be - certainly he's the Bond of the books in most respects!)

Though, I know a few ladies who'd take you to task about Craig being minging! (and for my money, he's bang on the money on how James Bond should be - certainly he's the Bond of the books in most respects!)

OK, so maybe I shouldn't say minging, but , like I said, the whole sketch was based around the shock of Blond suddenly being blonde, when, for decades, they've been dark.

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ June 17 2009, 8:19 PM BST

OK, so maybe I shouldn't say minging, but , like I said, the whole sketch was based around the shock of Blond suddenly being blonde, when, for decades, they've been dark.

You could probably get away with minging - the man seems to divide opinion...

Yeah.

Ha, look what I did: Blond suddenly being blonde,

I called him Blond. lol Freudian slip

Quote: swerytd @ March 8 2009, 1:14 AM BST

Hehe -- Sam and Dave have just produced one of my (better) sketches (in fact, this one https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/6462) and it's come out rather well, if I may say so.

Nicely done, fellas! Very well done.

Dan

The guys are starting in animation and have produced the sketch above. It'll be up on YouTube as soon as they've cleared the legalities, but it looks pretty good to me and am looking forward to it being posted up there.

Cheers guys!

Dan

Your animation went down well at the live show in Hull, as did your sketch Mikeyj.

The show seems to be coming together quite coherently.

I think they might still be looking for stuff for a live show.

So c'mon give those RFTP/Works rejects a good home.

Cool! Cheers for letting us know, sooty. Glad it had a good reception!

Dan