The Sam and Dave Show Page 6

Keep it coming!

Presumably you didn't use any of mine?

I shall send some more when I get a chance.

The answer is we getting round to yours, I was re reading it today, there was one that certainly caught my eye but please send

Hi Everyone we are doing a show on Phonic Fm at 11.00 (am) 2nd june
you can listen online at www.phonic.fm

Just to let everyone know - The Sam and Dave Show is on Soundart FM
at 7.00 on 13th June

Cool. I'll be listening :)

Listen live here -----------> http://www.soundartradio.org.uk

Thanks for the link Mikey.
I see you got a mention in the show, which sketch(es) were yours?

I quite liked it.
The performances were enjoyable & it sounded good.

argghhhh... Had people come round, so I missed it. DOH!

I think Sam said they were doing Kiss Me Hardy which is one about Nelson's dying wish, and Politically Correct Mother which is about a mother trying to find something PC to read to her daughter as a bedtime story.

Hey Fred

Thanks for that, a good mixture of different styles of sketches.

Glad that you enjoyed it.

Sam

Sam has kindly allowed me to put the sketches he did of mine online on my website.

You can listen to them online (if you scroll down the page) at: http://www.mikeyj.info/read.php

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ June 15 2009, 3:10 PM BST

Sam has kindly allowed me to put the sketches he did of mine online on my website.

You can listen to them online (if you scroll down the page) at: http://www.mikeyj.info/read.php

You know, if I were you Mikey I'd drop the 'Blonde Bond' one from your site.

No offence to the guys making the show, but the sketch seems a perfectly fine piece that they've screwed over completely or at the very least missed the point of. Having the Bond actor do a standard 'mentally ill' voice ruins the whole thing, and actively makes you look like a worse (and more tasteless) writer than you are. I don't think it will do you any favours.

Antrax.... thank you for you kind concern. Does it upset you?

Quote: Sam Morgan @ June 17 2009, 2:21 PM BST

Antrax.... thank you for you kind concern. Does it upset you?

No, not at all. I just think it's a little crass, done for cheap shock effect, and with, seemingly, nothing to do with the actual written material of the sketch (which appeared to me about something completely different).

You see, that's the problem with criticising a sketch that the makers have deliberately tried to make 'offensive'. Their immediate response is to think that the critic is just 'upset' and mark it up as some sort of win. But this couldn't be further from the truth.

The thing is I've written sketches about paedophiles, human trafficking, rape, and yes, mental disability. I don't get offended or upset by this sort of thing. I just think that merely having somebody put on a stock 'mental' voice for no obvious reason other than to try and go 'look, we're doing a mental voice - aren't we daring?', or believing that an attempt to offend the audience is an end unto itself or a joke in itself, is amateur hour, frankly.

Well I am glad it didn't upset you, I would have been mortified if had done.

Warmest regards

Sam

Well I am glad it didn't upset you, I would have been mortified if had done.

Warmest regards

Sam