Most Underrated Footballer in the Premiership Page 9

Quote: Jack Massey @ May 5 2009, 11:08 PM BST

Manchester United are hated on television, so I doubt they would have been so nice to them had it been a penalty.

Man U hated on telly? You must be watching different coverage. All the "big 4" are loved by TV.

The appeal? No idea except them's the rules.

I disagree. Manchester United are hated on television, so I doubt they would have been so nice to them had it been a penalty.
Any idea why you can't appeal?

I guess it's because it opens it up for every decision to be challenged which let's face it, would be a nightmare. The only reason an appeal is being discussed is because it's a semi-final. For any other game it would've passed off as 'one of those things'.

Quote: PhQnix @ May 5 2009, 7:19 PM BST

I agree with you there Nil. There were rumours that he was going to turn up to West Ham, who have developed a bit of a reputation for taking on trouble makers (ie. yours :P) but that would've been a bit too far for me.

West Ham went through a stage of buying our players (Parker and Solano around the same time as the others mentioned) perhaps they'd be interested in a few of ours that are gonna be leaving in the summer!

You're not wrong about Bellamy, Dyer and Bowyer-trouble makers, the lot of them! I recently found out I live in Bellamy's old house-I hate to think that bloke lived in my house!

As for Barton, I think he's a talented player. Pity he lets himself down so often really. I personally don't want to lose him, but, if he's gonna cause unrest amongst the team then he has to go.

Solano was goood. Parker has been our best player this season, when he's been fit. I'd take Martins off you but that's about it I think.

Quote: PhQnix @ May 6 2009, 5:32 PM BST

I'd take Martins off you but that's about it I think.

Deal! :P

Quote: Tuumble @ May 5 2009, 10:54 PM BST

Might be cool to compile a nutter 11 laced with thuggery and a dash of flair

Bruce Grobbelaar
Ron 'Chopper' Harris
Norman 'Bite your Legs' Hunter
Vinnie Jones
Roy Keane
Paul Gascoigne
George Best
Eric Cantona
Frank Worthington

Still need a couple of defenders but they were probably sent off so playing with nine men seems pretty likely. Anyway, I'd pay to watch this lot :)

You could add Peter Storrie of Arsenal and Nobby Stiles.

I disagree. Manchester United are hated on television, so I doubt they would have been so nice to them had it been a penalty.
Any idea why you can't appeal?

They're hated here too.

Quote: Quentin @ May 6 2009, 1:57 PM BST

As for Barton, I think he's a talented player. Pity he lets himself down so often really. I personally don't want to lose him, but, if he's gonna cause unrest amongst the team then he has to go.

Barton has had too many chances. Allardyce is rumoured to be interested again but if he does sign him again he will really go down in my estimation.

Quote: Tuumble @ May 5 2009, 10:54 PM BST

Might be cool to compile a nutter 11 laced with thuggery and a dash of flair

Bruce Grobbelaar
Ron 'Chopper' Harris
Norman 'Bite your Legs' Hunter
Vinnie Jones
Roy Keane
Paul Gascoigne
George Best
Eric Cantona
Frank Worthington

Still need a couple of defenders but they were probably sent off so playing with nine men seems pretty likely. Anyway, I'd pay to watch this lot :)

Not sure about Vinnie Jones and Paul Gascoigne in the same team

My brother has just been out for a jog around the block and some guy shouted at him 'You're a f**king disgrace Joey" Obviously mistaking him for Joey Barton :D Needless to say people are still angry up here! Funniest thing of all is my brother looks nothing like Joey Barton!

Quote: Quentin @ May 8 2009, 11:45 PM BST

My brother has just been out for a jog and some guy shouted at him 'You're a f**king disgrace Joey" Funniest thing is my brother looks nothing like Joey Barton!

Did they mean Joey in the Blue Peter sense?

I like the way Joey Barton has tried to ingratiate himself with the Newcastle faithful by adopting the same haircut as Peter Beardsley.

Quote: Seefacts @ May 9 2009, 11:54 AM BST

I like the way Joey Barton has tried to ingratiate himself with the Newcastle faithful by adopting the same haircut as Peter Beardsley.

There'll be no shortage of baseball bat wielding fans wanting to give him a face like Beardsley, too. A two-hour session should manage it.

Quote: Seefacts @ May 9 2009, 11:54 AM BST

Oh yes. If he could adopt an incomprehensible accent as well he'd be quids in. Also a touch of Moe from the Three Stooges I would suggest.

Quote: SlagA @ May 9 2009, 11:48 AM BST

Did they mean Joey in the Blue Peter sense?

Eh?!?! Am I being a little slow? I don't get this!

He was definatley mistaken for Barton though. We live in the same village as a lot of the Newcastle squad. Considering Beardsley also lives in the village, I suppose my brother should be grateful :P