Moving Wallpaper - Series 2 Page 3

Just watched this week's episode. Bloody brilliant. Plenty of proper laugh-out-loud laughs, and a good bit of progression for Carl. (Although very little!) Almost certainly the best programme ITV has made this decade.

Quote: Aaron @ March 14 2009, 9:35 PM GMT

Just watched this week's episode. Bloody brilliant. Plenty of proper laugh-out-loud laughs, and a good bit of progression for Carl. (Although very little!) Almost certainly the best programme ITV has made this decade.

Betcha didn't know that Carl is played by Dave Lamb, and his other big gig at the moment is doing the voiceover/narration on "Come Dine With Me"

Ooooooooooooooooooooh!

He is funny on that.

Quote: Peter Gash @ March 14 2009, 9:48 PM GMT

Betcha didn't know that Carl is played by Dave Lamb, and his other big gig at the moment is doing the voiceover/narration on "Come Dine With Me"

Indeed I did.

Another excellent episode. I do love Jonathan sometimes.

This is great stuff. Even though it's probably not a stand-out episode, it's still very, very good. Which isn't a bad thing.

Problem is, the executioner's axe is just hanging over this series cos of the ratings, and I'm gutted. There's no *way* ITV will recommission this again. Here's hoping some other channel step in to take it on.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ March 21 2009, 12:14 PM GMT

Problem is, the executioner's axe is just hanging over this series cos of the ratings, and I'm gutted. There's no *way* ITV will recommission this again. Here's hoping some other channel step in to take it on.

ITV might recommission it. After all, it is helping boost their reputation for comedy. If they do, they've got to switch it to Thursday nights though, Friday has been a scheduling disaster (next week MW doesn't have BBC comedy to compete with, so perhaps ratings will go up).

They could put it on Wednesday nights? I believe that's where Benidorm started. Plus, there's never anything good on Wednesday nights really.

Yeah Wednesday would be a good choice. (Pay attention if you're reading this ITV - its a free idea!)

I forgot to say in my last post: Tony Gardner was awesome last night as the transexual. Such a great actor.

Yes he was!
Aw, poor old George.

Quote: Mark @ March 21 2009, 1:01 PM GMT

ITV might recommission it. After all, it is helping boost their reputation for comedy. If they do, they've got to switch it to Thursday nights though, Friday has been a scheduling disaster (next week MW doesn't have BBC comedy to compete with, so perhaps ratings will go up).

ITV is in such dire financial straits that you can't rely on any decision-making from them that appears sensible until they explain their rationale.

Loved Moving Wallpaper from the very first episode of the first series, but such was the uproar in disapproval of Echo Beach (well-deserved), it stole a lot of the thunder due to Moving Wallpaper by association.

Now well clear of its conjoined twin Echo Beach, I see no reason why it couldn't run, and run, and . . .

Another fine ep of Moving Wallpaper last night I thought. Really hope that it is given a third series.

No-one got anything to say about the final episode? Am I the only one still watching? :O

Just did.

Quote: Rustle T Davis @ April 3 2009, 10:13 PM BST

No-one got anything to say about the final episode? Am I the only one still watching? :O

You got anything to say about it? :)