Talking and Not Talking opportunity Page 8

though I got my audience ticket (was very optimistic!) today for the first recording on 8 April.

That's definitely optimism. :)

I haven't heard anything yet either. Have convinced self that they never received my submission.

I haven't heard either. I think they were probably swamped towards the deadline.

Well, they got round to rejecting my submission today.

Who do they tell first? The accepted or the rejected? Am I cynical to think its the rejected who are last? If so, I'm a sitting duck. Quack.

Who does the email come from? Just so I can search my huge spam folder.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ March 25 2009, 6:09 PM GMT

Who do they tell first? The accepted or the rejected? Am I cynical to think its the rejected who are last? If so, I'm a sitting duck. Quack.

Confusingly, there are some people in this thread who were rejected prior to the submission deadline. Beats me. I've never heard a peep from them before once I submitted for RFTP and it's initial incarnation. The Beeb to seem a bit inconsistent on this.

I would imagine that, as they are actually bothering to send rejections, they will do those first. Then they'll probably have a shortlist, try some out and inform the lucky ones when they decide to keep them in the recording.

Hi Folks,

I remember this one on Writer's Room - it closed about a fortnight ago - sorry!

Quote: Kate Lane @ March 26 2009, 9:57 AM GMT

Hi Folks,

I remember this one on Writer's Room - it closed about a fortnight ago - sorry!

Hi Kate, welcome to the site. We know it ended, we're just discussing when we're going to get our rejection emails :)

Quote: steve by any other name @ March 25 2009, 7:53 PM GMT

Confusingly, there are some people in this thread who were rejected prior to the submission deadline. Beats me. I've never heard a peep from them before once I submitted for RFTP and it's initial incarnation. The Beeb to seem a bit inconsistent on this.

I'm guessing the first round of rejections were for people who didn't fulfil the entry criteria and now they're reading the others?

I think the people who got rejected before the closing date were probably some of the earliest applicants. They probably got swamped towards the end. Hence the long wait.

How many episodes of this show are there going to be? If there's only 6, does that mean there's only going to be one set of vox pops per episode? If so, it's going to be very tough to get something on.

Can't see there being anything other than six.

I don't think they limit it to one question per episode; perhaps two or three with two or three answers to each. They don't take up that much time, from what I can remember.

Dan

Quote: Stan Doubt @ March 27 2009, 6:50 PM BST

I'm guessing the first round of rejections were for people who didn't fulfil the entry criteria and now they're reading the others?

You'd be guessing wrong. There was no entry criteria, it was open ended and no formatting required, so as Ben says, it's just they were swamped towards the end and they're just trying to work through everyone.

I think in most episodes it was either one or two sets of vox pops with about 3 answers to each question. Go back to the posted mp3 of vox pops, that's the entire series worth remember.

I'd imagine they will have enough for the whole series rather than take any more submissions.

Ain't heard a thing.