Barry Cryer Page 2

Hmmm listening to a lot (perhaps too many) of ISIHAC back-to-back, there is a difference in his delivery with especially rubbish jokes that even he doesn't find amusing, but says them because they 'fit'.
I'm sure I'll get over it.

He is great live and a gag writing king. He has lovely white hair....

I was just wondering about his hair?

Could someone tell me what it's like.

Quote: bigfella @ March 24 2009, 9:31 AM GMT

I was just wondering about his hair?

Could someone tell me what it's like.

It's lovely and white. :D

Quote: chipolata @ March 24 2009, 9:48 AM GMT

It's lovely and white. :D

You're mistaking him with me I think.

Although yes - he is a genius.

Did he inspire your current 'do?

Do you mean my last 20 years do?

Yes!

He just seems to be a genuinely good and well-respected comedy writer who has been there and seen it all.
I agree with the comment that he doesn't frown on "new" comedy, he understands why things are great and others not.
He is pretty much universally admired in the comedy fraternity, which surely says something.
A force for good in comedy and a seemingly good bloke. Perhaps a rarity thesedays.

Barry Cryer along with Eric Sykes. Comedy writing genius. And I agree with Aaron about the line in Count Arthur Strong's Radio Show.

In direct contradiction to his surname, he's made more people laugh in his lifetime than the combined members of BSG are ever likely to in the next thousand years. He's written for Eric and Ernie. Les Dawson. The Two Ronnies. Bob Hope. George Burns. What he doesn't know about the comedy biz could be written on a flea's cock on a cold day. The man's comedy royalty.

And he does have lovely white hair.

I just kinda wish he'd stick to writing..

Quote: Aaron @ March 23 2009, 1:29 AM BST

I think he's a lot of a god.

My favourite line in Count Arthur Strong's Radio Show! came courtesy of him:

(The two are drunk, and stumble into the cafe.)
CA: "I'm the town crier!"
BC: "I'm the Barry Cryer!"

Cracks me up every time.

That one is on iPlayer now. Very good - and he's quite different to how he is on ISIHAC.

I don't know if it's already been mentioned, but he's got lovely white hair.

He was on the Fawlty Towers reopened thing last night.

Very interesting comments, but the thing that really struck me was his lovely white hair.