Things you like... Page 4

Many years ago (late 1980s/early 1990s) there used to be a a show called The Hit Man & Her. It was hosted by Pete Waterman and Michaela Strachan and basically consisted of them being in a night club each week watching people dance. It was basically total rubbish but oddly addictive viewing. It was about the only programme even worth a glance when you got home after 2am clubbing.

Michaela would interview some of the clubbers each week and it would go something like this:

Michaela: Hey, hello.
Clubber: Yeah, wicked!
Michaela: So, are you mad for it?
Clubber: Yeah I'm mad for it.
Michaela: This place is buzzing.
Clubber: Yeah it's buzzin.
Michaela: You're mad for it!
Clubber: Yeah, mad for it.
Michaela: (to camera) Let's go back to Pete...

Absolute pointless, but Michaela was quite hot back then so it was good just to watch her!

Def.

Quote: Leevil @ February 17 2009, 2:29 AM GMT

I've seen The Soup advertised. I don't know if I can look you in the eye anymore. *throws up*

You used to look me in the eye? Eh?

Diagnosis: Murder. Dick van Dyke is so soothing, and man can that f**ker dance! And roller-skate! And solve crimes! And play the oboe!
And do magic!

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ February 17 2009, 4:11 PM GMT

You used to look me in the eye? Eh?

Well, through a telescope, of course.

I thought that bush was eating a sandwich......

Laughing out loud

Quote: Deferenz @ February 17 2009, 2:44 PM GMT

Many years ago (late 1980s/early 1990s) there used to be a a show called The Hit Man & Her. It was hosted by Pete Waterman and Michaela Strachan and basically consisted of them being in a night club each week watching people dance. It was basically total rubbish but oddly addictive viewing. It was about the only programme even worth a glance when you got home after 2am clubbing.

Michaela would interview some of the clubbers each week and it would go something like this:

Michaela: Hey, hello.
Clubber: Yeah, wicked!
Michaela: So, are you mad for it?
Clubber: Yeah I'm mad for it.
Michaela: This place is buzzing.
Clubber: Yeah it's buzzin.
Michaela: You're mad for it!
Clubber: Yeah, mad for it.
Michaela: (to camera) Let's go back to Pete...

Absolute pointless, but Michaela was quite hot back then so it was good just to watch her!

Def.

Yeah, that show was funny. I remember once, they filmed it in a club, not far from my house, and they interviewed one of my mate's older brothers. The thing I remember most about it, was that Pete Waterman used to dress like a bank manager, and only had one dance move, which he'd do all night, i.e. swinging his arms like an ageing silver back gorilla, with feet firmly rooted to the ground, due to his obvious lack of coordination. By the way, did you know he (Waterman) only learned to read and write when he was 32?

Strictly Come Dancing. I don't watch any reality shows or soaps but I love this. I even watch It Takes Two and the bit on Fridays where they discuss the dresses etc.. And unlike Aaron I am not a girl! Concerned of Watford.

Quote: roscoff @ February 18 2009, 3:13 PM GMT

And unlike Aaron I am not a girl!

I am not a lesbian dammit!

He has a willy and everything!

Not that I've seen it or owt, Mum. I don't even know what a willy is, honest.

In other news, I like Strictly Come Dancing as well, but then I watch various other shite like that too.

Quote: zooo @ February 18 2009, 4:06 PM GMT

I am not a lesbian dammit!

He has a willy and everything! Though no anus. And his nipples are clip-ons.

Quote: Deferenz @ February 17 2009, 2:44 PM GMT

That was an astonishing programme. It used to go on for 2 or 3 hours as well, just showing people dancing and having inarticulate discussions about how up for it they all were.

Of course this was about 1989 when everyone was supposed to be raving and taking e with their breakfast, dinner and tea. The exec who commissioned the programme probably was.

Michaela Strachan - now there is a secret pleasure.

Not anymore!

These days, she looks a bit like Gary Lineker in drag.

By the way, the episode that featured my mate's brother was filmed in 1993, which was probably the last year it was shown.

Oh I didn't mean that, I meant it's not a secret anymore. But yes, she's probably getting on a bit, and all that outdoor work will have made her a bit sun damaged... I'm sure you all still would though!