Things you like... Page 5

Quote: zooo @ February 18 2009, 6:07 PM GMT

Oh I didn't mean that, I meant it's not a secret anymore. But yes, she's probably getting on a bit, and all that outdoor work will have made her a bit sun damaged... I'm sure you all still would though!

Sick

I nearly said 'except Aaron'. :)

Just like the subjects of the shows she made, the woman is a vile creature.

Quote: Balf @ 17th February 2009, 11:54 PM

Diagnosis: Murder. Dick van Dyke is so soothing, and man can that f**ker dance! And roller-skate! And solve crimes! And play the oboe!
And do magic!

Dick Van Dyke is indeed an awesome showman, and it's a mite sad that many of the references to him on these boards are derisive on account of his accent in Mary Poppins. His song and dance routines in Mary Poppins and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang are peerless. Tremendous energy, skill and joy.

Melanie C's shoulderblades.

Quote: Kenneth @ 27th July 2017, 9:29 AM

Dick Van Dyke is indeed an awesome showman, and it's a mite sad that many of the references to him on these boards are derisive on account of his accent in Mary Poppins. His song and dance routines in Mary Poppins and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang are peerless. Tremendous energy, skill and joy.

Yes, he's a treasure. At 91 it probably won't be long before he passes, so hopefully he'll be remembered as the superstar that he was.

His recently departed sidekick, Mary Tyler Moore, was also an incredible dancer with a winning smile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK8gywtambg

Quote: DaButt @ 27th July 2017, 1:25 PM

Yes, he's a treasure. At 91 it probably won't be long before he passes, so hopefully he'll be remembered as the superstar that he was.

I hope he'll pass 100. Watching him still singing and dancing, he seems healthy and happy. And he's proof of Groucho Marx's maxim that: "A man is as old as the woman he feels." As his wife is some years his junior.

Yes, always liked him when I was a child. Not sure if I've ever seen Mary Poppins in its entirety but I definitely did see CCBB (several times) and bloody loved it.
Also watched Diagnosis: Murder, couldn't stand Scott Baio though so I preferred the Charly Schlatter episodes.
Dick Van Dyke also played a murderer in Columbo...and was very convincing.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 27th July 2017, 8:04 PM

Dick Van Dyke also played a murderer in Columbo...and was very convincing.

Makes a change from Patrick McGoohan and William Shatner.

I seem to remember there were some unsavoury rumours about DVD some years ago. Presumably unfounded now.

Quote: Aaron @ 18th February 2009, 11:42 PM

Just like the subjects of the shows she made, the woman is a vile creature.

Is that in a "tie my kangaroo down sport" kinda way ?

Aaron I don't know this woman but she looks angelic and she loves cute fluffy things. Why is she vile ?

It's been 8 years, he's probably forgotten.

Unless she voted Labour or something. :O

Who are we talking about...?

Gordon's sister.

Quote: Aaron @ 28th July 2017, 6:49 PM

Who are we talking about...?

Michaela Strachan, why is she vile ? I hadn't noticed the comment was 8 years old, but technically we're all on the same page.