Things you like...

...but you don't know why.

I'm sure we've all got things we like, but we're not sure why. Perhaps a guilty pleasure, perhaps something we're not afraid to admit to. Food, film, TV, celebrity, hobby... Holiday location perhaps. Like, love, or fondness. Or perhaps just indifference when there's hatred from all others.

I'll start off with a person I like, but am not entirely sure why: Vanessa Feltz.

Laughing out loud

I admire her love of English.

Knowing there is a final of a big reality TV contest on the box but not actually watching it. Often I will go to the pub the same evening and, despite knowing who has won, I will lie about who has won simply to monitor their reactions. (Normally horrified - they care about the show so much more than me but can't be bothered to watch it either.)

I once convinced most of a pub that Paul Ross had won Strictly Come Dancing despite the fact he has never been on the show. But they believed my "last minute contestant" replacing one of the cricketers who had "contracted typhus"...

"ab origine" peoples of the world

Quote: Aaron @ February 13 2009, 12:18 AM GMT

...but you don't know why.

Pork crackling. I don't like roast pork, I tend to eat healthily and don't use salt, yet I love salty, fatty, crispy pork crackling. I also like the marrow out of roast meat joints. Lamb's the best, but beef is pterry good too.

Heinz tinned spaghetti bolognese on toast.

I haven't eaten meat in years but if I started again this would be the first thing on the menu.

Quote: David Bussell @ February 13 2009, 10:21 AM GMT

Heinz tinned spaghetti bolognese on toast.

I haven't eaten meat in years but if I started again this would be the first thing on the menu.

You're . . . a veggie . . ? The shoot's off.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 13 2009, 10:27 AM GMT

You're . . . a veggie . . ? The shoot's off.

I didn't say I was a veggie, I said I don't eat meat. I eat an assload of fish.

Quote: David Bussell @ February 13 2009, 10:41 AM GMT

I didn't say I was a veggie, I said I don't eat meat. I eat the assholes of fish.

Pot Noodles, Big Macs.

And having a big poo. Does it hurt, or is it pleasant?

Quote: Tim Walker @ February 13 2009, 2:52 AM GMT

I once convinced most of a pub that Paul Ross had won Strictly Come Dancing despite the fact he has never been on the show. But they believed my "last minute contestant" replacing one of the cricketers who had "contracted typhus"...

That is inspired.

Quote: Rob H @ February 13 2009, 11:12 AM GMT

And having a big poo. Does it hurt, or is it pleasant?

LOOOOOL. I'll echo that one! :D

Playing with blu-tack. It keeps me entertained for hours - especially when I have something better to do.

(I'm sure I have loads of things that I like but don't know why... but I can't thin of any at the moment, other than blu-tack.)

Pizza delivery, first time I ever lived close enough to have. I love the man at the door with the hot pizza in a box.

I like this TV show called Ice Road Truckers on Channel 5 - I have no idea why I like it, it's just guys in trucks driving over ice every episode... it's not interesting at all - but I always watch it.

Quote: David Bussell @ February 13 2009, 10:41 AM GMT

I don't eat meat

Said the vegetarian.....

Talk shows and true life magazines. They're awful but I watch/read them all the time :S