What is the appeal of Phill Jupitus? Page 3

Quote: roscoff @ January 28 2009, 10:38 PM GMT

You want to sex her. Admit it. I won't tell Zooo it will just be between you and me.

Aaaactually she told me she (LP) wanted to f**k ME. So you're close.

Quote: Aaron @ January 28 2009, 10:36 PM GMT

Yes, because it's plural. One series, multiple series'.

But it's "the present BBC series" innit? He doesn't have more than one series on at the moment does he?

Quote: Badge @ January 28 2009, 10:40 PM GMT

But it's "the present BBC series" innit? He doesn't have more than one series on at the moment does he?

No, but there have been multiple series'/series of the series... Man this is getting confusing.

Plus, it started off as ... *checks* Graham Norton's Bigger Picture, which was a different (albeit similar) show again.

Quote: Badge @ January 28 2009, 10:40 PM GMT

Badge and Aaron. They'd be great on a desert island together.

You cannot be seriesous!

Oh and I read this as 'What is the capital of Phil Jupitus?' Ankara I reckon.

Quote: Griff @ January 28 2009, 10:51 PM GMT

The plural of series is series. We do not form plurals in English by adding an apostrophe.

You would only add the trailing apostrophe to indicate possession, ie "several series' worth of episodes".

It is not correct to write "Five series' of Doctor Who", or "there have been multiple series' of Peep Show".

That's what I meant. I think.

:/

Oh bugger knows. Either way, yes, that programme.

Quote: Griff @ January 28 2009, 10:51 PM GMT

The plural of series is series. We do not form plurals in English by adding an apostrophe.

Phew. I was going to say, but somehow I felt it would be inappropriate for me as a non-native speaker.

Quote: Dashcroft @ January 28 2009, 11:02 PM GMT

Phew. I was going to say, but somehow I felt it would be inappropriate for me as a non-native speaker.

Why is it with all the foreigns on this board you just can't tell! I wish I spoke a language that well :(

Quote: Dashcroft @ January 28 2009, 11:02 PM GMT

Haha! I love it when our foreign cousins know more about the language than we do. Or at least as much. Entschuldigung. It is my favourite German word.

I saw him at the Edinburgh festival in 1996 doing a thing about Star Wars which was OK. I saw him again last year in a small scale West End production called Life Coach which, while amusing, was more comedy drama than just comedy.

Not bad an actor in that I thought and interesting to watch a performance in a venue that only seated about 50 people.

As an aside I was contacted by the writer after I posted about the show on my blog. Nice bloke and we still swap emails from time to time on writing and his future projects.

Quote: Nil Putters @ January 28 2009, 9:24 PM GMT

No, you're alright, we'd never get a crown to fit his giant head. ;)

I can make it work:

I think Phil is a very good stand up. If you watch his DVDs he's very good indeeed. The pity is we never seen him performing just on endless panel shows. I think he's a real talent.

John

Purple Comedy

http://standupcomedy.podomatic.com/

Quote: David Bussell @ January 29 2009, 8:24 AM GMT

I can make it work:

:D Sorry, you'll have to remain Queen. ;)

What is the appeal of Phill Jupitus?

Comic Relief, I suppose.