What is the appeal of Phill Jupitus? Page 4

He's going to be in a musical with Chumbawamba in Leeds from Jan 20 to Feb 4 next year.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 29 2009, 2:41 AM BST

I honestly don't know what the appeal is. He's one of those 'funny' people who are on TV a lot, but are never actually all that funny. Like Rufus Hound.

Rufus Hound tries so hard to make an impression, but just isn't funny enough. Over the last 5 years, he's appeared on about 10 different shows, he often sports comedy facial hair, and once on Argumental, he got completely naked, but I'm guessing most people still haven't got a clue who he is. He's like that character on The Simpsons, Frank Grimes, who never got any credit for all his hard work. Let's face it, the funniest thing about him is his name.

Quote: catskillz @ July 14 2011, 3:57 PM BST

Rufus Hound ... I'm guessing most people still haven't got a clue who he is.

Considering the ratings that Celebrity Juice gets, I'd argue otherwise.

Quote: catskillz @ July 14 2011, 3:57 PM BST

He's like that character on The Simpsons, Frank Grimes, who never got any credit for all his hard work.

No he's more like Lisa on The Simpsons.

i.e. not funny

I think Rufus Hound is rather underrated.

Quote: lofthouse @ July 14 2011, 4:04 PM BST

No he's more like Lisa on The Simpsons.

i.e. not funny

Lisa, like Marge is a voice of reason, a straight man as it were for the other characters to bounce off. Although I think both Lisa and Marge come out with some funny shit.

Quote: zooo @ July 14 2011, 4:05 PM BST

I think Rufus Hound is rather underrated.

Can you remember any funny thing that he's ever said?

I find him very funny most of the time, I'm afraid!

More so on Argumental where he was allowed to go off on a rant. He doesn't get that much screen time on Celebrity Juice, etc.

I don't think I've ever seen Hound do any of his stand up.

Zooo's been out in the sun too long today me thinks.

Have a rest dear.

I SAY DEAR, HAVE A NICE REST.

Pooor deluded fool....

Quote: zooo @ July 14 2011, 4:07 PM BST

I find him very funny most of the time, I'm afraid!

More so on Argumental where he was allowed to go off on a rant. He doesn't get that much screen time on Celebrity Juice, etc.

Speaking of Celebrity Juice, what has happened to Leigh Francis? He used to be quite funny in his Bo Selecta days, but he hasn't made me laugh once since then.

Plus he has colourful tattoos, which makes them slightly less scary.

Quote: catskillz @ July 14 2011, 4:09 PM BST

Speaking of Celebrity Juice, what has happened to Leigh Francis? He used to be quite funny in his Bo Selecta days, but he hasn't made me laugh once since then.

I also find him hilarious on Celebrity Juice. :)

Jupitus has actually gone back to stand up; he's in Edinburgh this year.

Jupitus is one of my favourite QI guests. Always does a good QI.

That's all.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 14 2011, 4:08 PM BST

I don't think I've ever seen Hound do any of his stand up.

He's got his first DVD out later this year.