Which sitcoms ended too early? Page 2

I think they'd already decided to end the show before Dermot Morgan died.

Well I didn't know that.

Sounds strange but genuine question, do you know why they decided to end it?

I saw an interview with Graham Linehan where he said they felt that so many shows go downhill after the third series, so it was better to go out on a high. Dermot Morgan died the day after they filmed the very last episode.

Thanks again for that I love the show and it's nice to know the details.

It looks like three and you're out with most of the top shows. Graham Linehan is pretty spot on in the main about going downhill, I'd rather it end where it did at the top of it's game than have a Jaws 2, Jaws 1 being my no1 film and Farther Ted is certainly up there (as a sitcom).

Thanks again.

The Baldy Man ended very early, does anyone else like it.

Spaaaaaaaced.

I agree, zoooo - spaced 3

Call me an idiot, but I actually enjoyed Frank Skinner's comedy My Blue Heaven, and thought it captured being trapped in the West Midlands very well. Pity it only got one series.

It made me feel depressed! :/

Lightweight! I too found it depressing, but I kind of like sitcoms that depress me.

i think Early doors could go for one more series, every series has on running questions, it would be good if craig cash and phil mealy could pen some more, pleeeeeeease

So, so many sitcoms (mainly American it has to be said), go on far too long. I agree father ted could have gone on longer, and I hear theres to be another series of peep show- excellent! I'm hesitent about some of my favourites like green wing and spaced, its so much better to go out on a high.

There are plenty of things that I love that got a decent airing - even though I could always go for more.
I will focus on some things that only got one series.
"Teenage Kicks"
"Let Them Eat Cake"
"Believe Nothing"

There may have been imperfections in these - but the first season of "Blackadder" was certainly not perfect by any means. They re-commissioned it, re-worked it and it went on to become one of the all time greats.
I'm not suggesting that its succes would be emulated by any of my suggestions - but they all had some great ingredients - they were certainly worth giving another chance!

Quote: Caitlin @ November 25 2006, 3:38 PM GMT

So, so many sitcoms (mainly American it has to be said), go on far too long. I agree father ted could have gone on longer, and I hear theres to be another series of peep show- excellent! I'm hesitent about some of my favourites like green wing and spaced, its so much better to go out on a high.

Even if they had planned to make a 4th series of Father Ted they would have been unable to though

I would add Plus One, could have run for at least one more series. Lack of foresight on part of C4 Angry

Quote: Miranda Walker @ October 12 2006, 3:08 PM GMT

I was surprised when The Smoking Room went. I thought there was potential for one more series. But maybe Robert Webb would've been too busy for That Mitchell and Webb Sound/Look, and if I had to choose one or the other I'd go for the sketch show.

Also notable for having a funny comedy character who was never seen.
Was his name Arif? Always winding up sweary Len the security guard.